Sign in with
Your question

Gaming mouse pads ?

Last response: in Video Games
August 6, 2011 12:40:50 AM

Well my current freebie alienware mouse pad is killing my razer death adder’s feet. So I was looking at getting a gamin mouse pad that is smoother and the razer scarab caught my eye. Biggest thing I’m looking for is a good quality mouse pad that won’t kill the feet on my mice and be nice and accurate along with being smooth and easy to run.

More about : gaming mouse pads

August 6, 2011 1:06:08 AM

I recommend a hard pad over a cloth or soft pad. Any quality plastic pad would be best
m
l
August 6, 2011 1:07:41 AM

You could always get replacement mice feet, they're generally better than the stock feet you get =b

I'd totally recommend hyperglides for the deathadder, as for a mousepad - the scarab doesn't look too bad, but like most hard mousepad they will eventually wear down the feet.

If you want something smooth then maybe cloth pads?
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
August 6, 2011 2:02:17 AM

I purchased the Rocketfish RF-GMSEPD mouse pad from Bestbuy the other day. I have not used it to play games yet, but my Logitec Performance MX mouse glides very nicely on it. I use the "control" side of the mouse pad. I bought 'cause I basically wanted a hard mouse pad. Therefore, aluminum seems to work.

http://170.65.129.223/products/computers/RF-GMSEPD.html

Unfortunately, it doesn't work well with my Targus wireless laptop mouse which I bought back in 2003. I'll probably end up buying a separate mouse pad for my laptop.
m
l
August 6, 2011 8:17:05 AM

I am agree with u jaguarskx " Rocketfish RF-GMSEPD mouse pad" really good
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 6, 2011 1:14:19 PM

dont waste your money on a high end mouse mat there pointless. often they are less accurate and your desk top. if you have a laminate desk just polish it and save yourself 20+
currently i have the razor destructor and i can say with hand on heart its the worst choice i ever made for my pc...
m
l
August 6, 2011 3:08:37 PM

HEXiT said:
dont waste your money on a high end mouse mat there pointless. often they are less accurate and your desk top. if you have a laminate desk just polish it and save yourself 20+
currently i have the razor destructor and i can say with hand on heart its the worst choice i ever made for my pc...

My desktop is a kinda smoked glass top and doesn't seem to track well on it.
m
l
August 6, 2011 3:37:36 PM

go with cyborg or saitek
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 7, 2011 3:26:26 AM

jeff1304 said:
My desktop is a kinda smoked glass top and doesn't seem to track well on it.

thats a shame...
if you have a local supplyer try to find a 12'' by 10 piece of hardboard. get the stuff with a thin laminate surface that works well... costs about £5 for way more than you will ever need.

or if your realy desperate to spend yer cash look at this...

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_3133.html the plastic surface is kinder on the mice feet than the metal based 1s that razer do.

m
l
August 10, 2011 11:40:38 AM

Cheap and effective solution is the Cooler Master Storm: Weapon of Choice mousepads. I have one, and I will never use my mouse without it. The feet are still near-perfect after 9 months of heavy gaming (and I don't hesitate to put pressure on the mouse, I have a heavy arm and a full-grab mouse grip). I bought the mousepad together with the mouse (Logitech G500), and it's never been used without the mousepad. And I never will use it without a mousepad.

The surface is microfiber cloth on a genuine rubber pad, sticking to the desktop and not moving when you don't want it to. It's an amazing little spend, and when the one I have get too dirty or the cloth starts coming off, I will buy another one the same damn day.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
August 10, 2011 9:41:05 PM

the 1 issue i have with rubber mats is accuracey. just putting your hand on the mouse can cause it to sink into the rubber causing mouse drift... i much prefer the hard mats.
the g500 is a classic mouse. i dunno why they replaced it with the new version which just isnt...
i cant believe that i sold mine in favour of my lachesis and now i cant replace it...
m
l
August 11, 2011 6:22:16 AM

^ The mouse really is great, if mine breaks tomorrow I'd have bought a new one yesterday.

With regards to the mousepad being too "soft", I've never noticed it. In fact, the mousepad is one of the most accurate ones I ever used (comparing to hardwood, tabletops, hard mousepads, "comfy" mousepads, everything). I play DotA a lot, so mouse accuracy is quite an important part of the mousepad, and ever since I got the mouse (and mousepad) my gameplay has only increased.
m
l
!