Gaming mouse pads ?

jeff1304

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
Well my current freebie alienware mouse pad is killing my razer death adder’s feet. So I was looking at getting a gamin mouse pad that is smoother and the razer scarab caught my eye. Biggest thing I’m looking for is a good quality mouse pad that won’t kill the feet on my mice and be nice and accurate along with being smooth and easy to run.

stevensl2

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
You could always get replacement mice feet, they're generally better than the stock feet you get =b

I'd totally recommend hyperglides for the deathadder, as for a mousepad - the scarab doesn't look too bad, but like most hard mousepad they will eventually wear down the feet.

If you want something smooth then maybe cloth pads?

I purchased the Rocketfish RF-GMSEPD mouse pad from Bestbuy the other day. I have not used it to play games yet, but my Logitec Performance MX mouse glides very nicely on it. I use the "control" side of the mouse pad. I bought 'cause I basically wanted a hard mouse pad. Therefore, aluminum seems to work.

http://170.65.129.223/products/computers/RF-GMSEPD.html

Unfortunately, it doesn't work well with my Targus wireless laptop mouse which I bought back in 2003. I'll probably end up buying a separate mouse pad for my laptop.

dont waste your money on a high end mouse mat there pointless. often they are less accurate and your desk top. if you have a laminate desk just polish it and save yourself 20+
currently i have the razor destructor and i can say with hand on heart its the worst choice i ever made for my pc...

jeff1304

Distinguished
May 9, 2008

My desktop is a kinda smoked glass top and doesn't seem to track well on it.

thats a shame...
if you have a local supplyer try to find a 12'' by 10 piece of hardboard. get the stuff with a thin laminate surface that works well... costs about £5 for way more than you will ever need.

or if your realy desperate to spend yer cash look at this...

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_3133.html the plastic surface is kinder on the mice feet than the metal based 1s that razer do.

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
Cheap and effective solution is the Cooler Master Storm: Weapon of Choice mousepads. I have one, and I will never use my mouse without it. The feet are still near-perfect after 9 months of heavy gaming (and I don't hesitate to put pressure on the mouse, I have a heavy arm and a full-grab mouse grip). I bought the mousepad together with the mouse (Logitech G500), and it's never been used without the mousepad. And I never will use it without a mousepad.

The surface is microfiber cloth on a genuine rubber pad, sticking to the desktop and not moving when you don't want it to. It's an amazing little spend, and when the one I have get too dirty or the cloth starts coming off, I will buy another one the same damn day.

the 1 issue i have with rubber mats is accuracey. just putting your hand on the mouse can cause it to sink into the rubber causing mouse drift... i much prefer the hard mats.
the g500 is a classic mouse. i dunno why they replaced it with the new version which just isnt...
i cant believe that i sold mine in favour of my lachesis and now i cant replace it...

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
^ The mouse really is great, if mine breaks tomorrow I'd have bought a new one yesterday.

With regards to the mousepad being too "soft", I've never noticed it. In fact, the mousepad is one of the most accurate ones I ever used (comparing to hardwood, tabletops, hard mousepads, "comfy" mousepads, everything). I play DotA a lot, so mouse accuracy is quite an important part of the mousepad, and ever since I got the mouse (and mousepad) my gameplay has only increased.