KT7A won't boot! HELP!

G

Just got an Abit KT7A w/Athlon 1.2G, new case, etc. Darn thing won't boot up...no BIOS, nothing...I don't get it. Because this motherboard doesn't have all the jumpers for CPU speed, voltage, etc. like the old MB's, I don't know where to look for mistakes. I then took out all my cards except for my GForce3. Still won't boot...and there is little info in the Abit manual about "no boot" situations (that I could see) other than maybe clearing the CMOS, which they recommend on a new install. What could I be overlooking or could the board just be "puffed" (hard to believe)?

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Triple check all cable connections, power supply, power button, LEDs, IDE, etc. Make sure you HSF is mounted on correctly. And listing your system specs might help out...

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

evil_homer

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
the most common problem when your computer wont boot in the situation that you describe is that your mobo is touching the case and creating a ground. The next thing I would check is you power supply. After that then you might have mounted something incorrectly on your board, and lastly I would see if your boad has the option to manualy configure the CPU fequency and do it that way.