Single player rpg

tj223

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
I am currently playing 3 single player RPGs:

Dragon Age: Origins.
It is great. It is like the combat of WoW mixed with Mass Effect's story and voice acting.
I give it a 4/5.

Fallout: New Vegas.
I played Fallout 3 on PC and on 360 and I loved it. I was kind of reluctant to play New Vegas because I kind of got burnt out on Fallout 3.
But as soon as I watched the opening scene and created my player, I was hooked again.

I am only an hour or two into it. But I can tell New Vegas is gonna be way better than Fallout 3.
Also a 4/5.

But then I stated The Witcher 2...

It is everything I have ever wanted in an RPG... Maybe it just fits my taste, but seriously no contest... could be the best game I have ever played.

I am totally hooked. And with 4 different beginnings and 16 different endings, multiple playthroughs will give this game tons of life for years to come.

I wish I had waited on this one, because now I don't know if I will finish DAO or New Vegas...
Definitely a 5/5!!!

+1. I wont get all mushy about it, but witcher 2, although it has its flaws, is an incredible experience. I completely disagree about the other 2 games you listed. Fallout vegas in particular was pretty bad.

wow 3d rpg, I'd advise you go to a place like game spot, find a game that you recently played and really liked and look at the suggested similar games on the bottom left.

There's literally over a million different 3d rpgs with very different play styles to say the least

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
I can recommend TES: Morrowind (GotY) and KotoR 1 & 2. The game is massive, you can do a lot with it and it will last a long time. Morrowind is old and nowadays it looks sub-par but there are mods out there that can update it e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NX-MvnYUEs&feature=related and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r6hilB6Dlc

KotoR is just awesome imo. 1 is better than 2 but still. Immersive story, simple but effective controls, great worlds, characters, choices etc. Just great.

Also check out Fallout 1 & 2 if yuo want. Classics.

tj223

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011

Ok like I said I am only into Vegas an hour or two but it seems good. So I guess I am jumping the gun a little on it, but I stand by my opinion of DAO. :D

But seriously OP, just go buy Witcher 2 right now.

Astlin

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
This is my suggested games:

Dungeon Siege 3 (DS1 is the best)

The Witcher 2 (Fun and hard)

Dragon Age 1 & 2 (Epic story)

The Elder Scrolls Oblivion

Diablo 1 & 2

Torchlight

Titan Quest (Get expansion aswell)

:hello:

dai_katana

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011

Hi Splicedice,

Many of the games I will mention will have been mentioned already but anyway:

Mass Effect 1 & 2 (science fictional setting of a futuristic Earth)

Dragon Age: Origins and Awakening (fantasy fictional setting of knights, magic, dragons... the usual good stuff with a very good story)

The Witcher (and if you want to splurge, the Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings) -again setting is fantasy fiction set in medieval like times

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (commonly known as just Oblivion) - again fantasy fictional setting in medieval like era. This is an epic game and one that you can play for hours without getting bored.

More games in the same setting but with differing gameplay are:

Two Worlds - get the epic edition lots of fixes for bugs and was recently on sale for 5 dollars on amazon as a download (also has a sequel Two Worlds II if you like the first)

Gothic 3 Gold edition (get this one rather than the standard edition because it has lots of fixes for bugs that were prevalent on release.

Sacred 3- Definately get this game :) I know I will

Arcania Gothic 4

Risen

Ok enough of that setting. Other single player rpg games are:

Fallout 3 & Fallout New Vegas- these two games have an interesting setting: futuristic post apocalypse world and you are a hero trying to survive, etc. Both games were buggy on release- Fallout 3 GOTY edition has most of that fixed and there is a huge community of modders and unofficial patchers to fix the stuff the devs didn't. It is definately worth a try. I'd say start with fallout 3.

Assassin's Creed series (how could no one have mentioned these...? I know it seems more of an action game but it has rpg elements too you know :D ) That is Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed Revelations (not yet released) if you want to know the titles. As the name suggests it is about the life (or rather lives) of different assassins set in 1. medieval 2. renaissance eras. However, the gameplay is different than the others in that you do not control the character in a continuous timeline... you will see what I mean if you get the game... definately a must play.

Hope that was informative.