Motherboard with these specs?

G

Im looking for a motherboard with these specs...
1. Via Chipset
2. AMD Thunderbird Support
3. 266 FSB support
4. sdram memory support
5. 8 IDE device support. ATA100 support (possibly including raid)
6. 1 agp, 5-6PCI(programmable NON-sharing IRQ's), 1 ISA
7. 4-8 USB ports
8. NO integration (no video or audio)
9. support for AGP 32mb ATI RageFury video or greater (ATI)

I would write to Newegg or GPS Computer Services. They have excellent prices on motherboards and should be able to find at least one board that will fit your requirements. I like the Abit boards for service.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
6. 1 agp, 5-6PCI(programmable NON-sharing IRQ's), 1 ISA
You <b>never</b> find any mobo that not sharing IRQ between slots! BTW, I found very little problem or not at all with IRQ sharing on modern mobo nowadays.
I only find Abit KT7A-RAID that mostly suits your need.
<b><A HREF="http://www.abit-usa.com/eng/product/mb/kt7a-raid.htm" target="_new">ABIT KT7A_RAID</A></b>
1. VIA chipset.
2. AMD Thunderbird mobo.
3. Support FSB 133DDR (266MHz).
4. SDRAM support.
5. Support 8 IDE devices and RAID.
6. 6 PCI slots and 1 ISA.
7. Not sure, but at least 4 USB ports.
8. No Video or Audio on board.
9. ??? Of course it'd support them. I used it with RADEON without any problem.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

G

Crashman,
I try to respect all opinions of a persons view especially when I ask any kind of question. The purpose of my question is to benefit myself in making a better choice then past choices I have made in getting a MB that fits my needs. NOT for a person to question my intelligence. Via is my preference mainly due to my past history comparing ALI and VIA. Now, Im assuming the main reason why you feel im stupid because of asking about VIA is your person belief out of experience that VIA is not good..... That was not in my question. Now if you feel there is a MB out there with the specs im looking for and it just so happens its not a VIA, feel free and mention it....YOU as a person who felt the need to question a persons intelligence based on my original post when there was no sign of stupidity on my part should consider getting a life before claiming I need one and also realize that maybe your not as smart as you think SMART ass.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'm in a good mood today, so I won't be commenting on VIA. But I can tell you that if your going to use more than two slots your going to be sharing IRQ's unless you disable onboard devices, such as com ports, the parallel port, etc.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine