•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
August 7, 2011 12:25:40 AM

Battlefield 3. Who's getting it? If you are, what platform will you be playing it on?

More about : battlefield

August 7, 2011 2:35:29 AM

I will get on PC now for no steam=buy. I may buy 2 becuase of no steam. I am 100% on EA team when it comes to the buggy crap steam. fewer log-in's= win, fewer steam crash's=win and fewer looking at steam store=win. If had to pick a app to die it would be steam.

P.S EA don't cave and beet up steam. The PC game maker's need to stand up to steam and their over rated buggy app that has no good offline mode and can't log-in. If I win the power ball I will buy lot's of BF3 for PC.
August 7, 2011 3:42:04 AM

I'm going to get it for my PC. :) 
Related resources
August 7, 2011 8:20:39 AM

Getting it as soon as I have the money :D 
(kinda spent a bit on my new computer)
August 7, 2011 4:02:18 PM

PC and its a shame its not on steam, I quite like it.
August 8, 2011 6:39:31 AM

I love steam, im too lazy to go to the store. Few near me even sell PC games. Never had an issue with steam. Games should be on hdd, not dvd.

steam chat is crap, so I use my mumble server.
August 9, 2011 3:50:20 AM

Definitely getting it for the pc. I happen to like steam as well. Its free and is the only thing that comes close to replicating xbox live for the pc. Windows live was a fail. I enjoy seeing when my friends online and what games they are playing.
August 9, 2011 4:30:09 AM

I was in the Alpha test and the system EA has Origin is actually pretty slick. From the game it opens up Battlelog which shows you and your friends as well as forums. Clicking on someones name brings up their avatar with games they have/played and their skills K/D accuracy ect. Once there there is a quick match or as server browser. This works much more efficiently than Steam and BFBC2, and the game even though watered down from what the actually game will include was fun and very nicely detailed.

For those wondering I was running it on 1920x1080 on the settings the game selected for me, ( not much you could choose from in the alpha) just low, med , high and the game looked great, sounded amazing and ran at 40-60 on my i7920 at 2.8 8gb ram and a 560ti. On my main rig, 2500k oced to 4.5 8 gigs 2133 ram and slied 570s the game ran at 60-90 fps. Also think the game is not even close to optimized yet.

This game can and I hope it will kill the CoD reskins they pass off as sequels.
August 9, 2011 5:07:17 AM

Thats good to hear about origin. It would be nice if I could use the same software for all my games though. I'm going to preorder bf3 through origin so that I can get into the beta.
August 10, 2011 11:54:40 PM

i wish my pc could run it:(  i want to play 32 a side.
August 11, 2011 5:03:25 AM

I'm only getting it for PC if the reviews for it are positive and if it doesn't resemble the multiplayer of BFBC2 where everyone is just waiting for a helicopter to spawn, going lone wolf, or camping at the far ends of the map.
August 11, 2011 6:48:38 AM

according to someone I talked to who plays Alpha, the snipers are *** in BF3.

1.) you get "scope flair" when you look into your scope, which means everyone who is playing on the map will be able to see you even in a dark room or 2 miles away.

2.) there is swaying when looking into the scope and you need to hold your breath to aim.

3.) you get scope flair even if you use iron sights for your rifle
August 11, 2011 9:29:34 AM

Yeah the scope flare is awesome, each class has an anti camp built in. Support (heavy machine guns) have Halo sights as well as Engineers who have Red dots ...when either are aimed at you your screen lights up red and you can tell which direction its coming from. Bigger guns create more flash.....flash can be suppressed at the cost of other things, sights/manuverability. The scope flair is awesome ....if they aim in it can be seen from FAR away. Takes away from the BFBC2 matches where in Rush 90% of the offensive team is sitting back sniping.
August 11, 2011 11:54:25 AM

the minimum graphic card to maxout bf3 on 1920x1080 is the gtx 460
and am going to build a gtx 460 based system because its cheap ultra performers card
and am also going to MW3 at steam when it comes up ;) 
August 11, 2011 2:28:45 PM

I am getting this for the PC, and like many I can't WAIT to play this.

Unfortunately I didn't get invited to the Alpha... but yesterday I saw an 8 minute clip of gameplay that someone posted on Youtube and this is the first footage I have seen. Looks great so far, and obviously it's not complete, so it can only get better.

I will have to upgrade my PC a bit to play it, but it's worth it IMO. I got a lot of gameplay out of BF2, and even though I am a bit busier in my life right now I can make time. I have been on/off video games for the last 6 months or so just trying to find a game I like but I haven't found anything. This looks like it will be well worth it.
August 12, 2011 1:23:40 AM

foverosiv said:
according to someone I talked to who plays Alpha, the snipers are *** in BF3.

1.) you get "scope flair" when you look into your scope, which means everyone who is playing on the map will be able to see you even in a dark room or 2 miles away.

2.) there is swaying when looking into the scope and you need to hold your breath to aim.

3.) you get scope flair even if you use iron sights for your rifle

Well since it is only Alpha, I sure hope most of the issues get resolved by at least beta, and that it is perfect once it is out.
August 12, 2011 1:59:23 AM

I will buy it eventually, but I'm not buying any games right when they come out anymore, I bought Crysis 2 the first week it was out, within a month it was 10 bucks cheaper everywhere, and it took a few months before they patched the game enough to get rid of all the multiplayer cheats anyways.
August 12, 2011 6:21:33 PM

EA is nothing but a bunch of LIARS!!!! I recieved this response to a question about origin and now they are saying that Origin is Required no matter what! Buyer beware!

Dear Rick,

Thank you for Contacting Electronic Arts.

If you buy the physical copy of the game through any third party retailer then origin is not required to play or install the game as you can install the game with your hard copy. However if you buy the download version of the game then you need origin to download the game.

Should you have any further questions, please take a moment to review our Knowledge Base site at http://support.ea.com or do let us know.

Sincerely,

Kach
EA Online Support.

Today this was posted on the battleblog: http://bf3blog.com/2011/08/origin-required-to-play-batt...
August 12, 2011 6:25:56 PM

athlondude said:
EA is nothing but a bunch of LIARS!!!! I recieved this response to a question about origin and now they are saying that Origin is Required no matter what! Buyer beware!

Dear Rick,

Thank you for Contacting Electronic Arts.

If you buy the physical copy of the game through any third party retailer then origin is not required to play or install the game as you can install the game with your hard copy. However if you buy the download version of the game then you need origin to download the game.

Should you have any further questions, please take a moment to review our Knowledge Base site at http://support.ea.com or do let us know.

Sincerely,

Kach
EA Online Support.

What's wrong with that? It makes sense....
August 12, 2011 9:27:01 PM

Definitely buying for PC, through Origin. I don't care how I download my games, as long as it works.
August 13, 2011 2:45:11 AM

Well, it's only REQUIRED if you plan on playing online (99% of people) So, yeah, that is kind of dumb, but completely understandable. Basically it's just treated as a part of the game. Just think of it as a Steam of sorts lol.
August 13, 2011 3:39:34 AM

Yeah, i liked how you could start the game from google chrome etc in the alpha. I have my preorder it. I did hate the sniper rifles though. I hope they fix them.
August 13, 2011 7:45:08 PM

Sniping is my favorite thing to do. I never saw any one shot kills with any of them in all the beta video's I watched. I would like to see one or two of them be more powerful. I also don't know if I'm going to like the swaying and holding your breath before firing. I can do it really good on consoles in games like COD but I have always had problems sniping in PC for some reason.
August 13, 2011 9:14:42 PM

Have no issues with the no-steam thingy, i'm way happier without it because it needs you to have steam running (first it patches and updates everything which is annoying if anything) then it just takes so much time....would be much happier to just pop in a DVD and play.

Though if snipers are getting lens flares even in a dark room then that's a bit sucky and unrealistic...and rifles flaring when one aims down the sights only is dumb too, they should flare whenever realistic simulated physics will dictate them to do so.

Otherwise, getting it for the PC, might as well wait for a review or two before i do. And a DX11 capable card. ;) 
August 14, 2011 12:00:32 AM

Oh and I can't wait to see how long it takes for the hackers to fill the servers with their ESP's and aimbot's. That more than anything will bring the game down.
!