Wi-Max?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
December 14, 2004 9:05:10 AM

Im not sure if Wi-Max is technically wifi or not but here is my
question. My bud got clearwire internet service. They use the latest
cellular technology for internet service. He received his modem and
doesnt get full strength because of obstructions and distance. How
could he get an extra boost in catching this signal? Could he slap one
of those cell phone booster patches on the side of it and let loose?
Thanks.

--
ripster

More about : max

December 14, 2004 9:05:11 AM

ripster wrote:
> Im not sure if Wi-Max is technically wifi or not but here is my
> question. My bud got clearwire internet service. They use the latest
> cellular technology for internet service. He received his modem and
> doesnt get full strength because of obstructions and distance. How
> could he get an extra boost in catching this signal? Could he slap one
> of those cell phone booster patches on the side of it and let loose?
> Thanks.

Yep. That's all there is to it.

But seriously folks, if he has the strongest antenna that this latest
cellular technology offers him, he's up the creek until they put in an
access point closer to him. Just curious, how far away from the tower is
he, how bad are the obstructions?
!