Working out the calendar in Morrowind

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

If we call the month with 28 days February, then the whole calendar in
Morrowind fits together rather well, because the other months fit perfectly
with the 30 days hath September, April, June, and November. But I got the
list of months off a website, and in the game, at the end of Evening Star,
the next month was Sun's Dawn! What happened to Morning Star? I just assumed
that the sequence of months was correct, and wrote down the number of days
in each month. I'm going to have to patiently wait for the sequence to
unfold during the next year of gameplay, and try to write down each of the
months as they come up. I have an X-Box, so maybe they changed the sequence
of months for the X-box version.???

Maybe it went Morning Star, then Evening Star, I don't know!

The sequence on the website, with my own observations of the number of days
in each month, went:

Sun's Dawn (31 days) Jan
First Seed (28 days) Feb
Rain's Hand (31 days) Mar
Second Seed (30 days) Apr
Mid Year (31 days) May
Sun's Height (30 days) Jun
Last Seed (31 days) Jul
Heartfire (31 days) Aug
Frost Fall (30 days) Sep
Sun's Dusk (31 days) Oct
Evening Star (30 days) Nov
Morning Star (31 days) Dec

seraphim

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

"The Appalling Silence" <appsil@myway.com> wrote in

> If we call the month with 28 days February, then the whole calendar
> in Morrowind fits together rather well, because the other months fit
> perfectly with the 30 days hath September, April, June, and
> November. But I got the list of months off a website, and in the
> game, at the end of Evening Star, the next month was Sun's Dawn!
> What happened to Morning Star?

The calanders in The Elder Scrolls has very little continuity. The number
of months, and the number of days in the months changes depending on
which game you are in. As you have discovered the big issue in Morrowind
is the fact that Morning Star (January) is missing. In Arena and
Daggerfall all the months were there, but they all had 30 days.