760MP support for tbirds?

crapple0

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
has anyone tried sticking tbirds into a dual athlon board? i'm getting a dualie in september, and would like to know if i can get a faster tbird, instead of the clockspeed-gimped athlon mp.

are there other enhancements to the athlon mp, that let it outperform a faster-clocked tbird?

thanks

~Crapple0

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"

G

No one would officially confirm it, of course, but it seems that both Thunderbird and Durons have SMP capabilities and work fine in dual-CPU configurations. Desktop Palominos won't (when they're released), since AMD will specifically disable SMP for them.

Leo

crapple0

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
wanted to be sure i got a response. at least i didn't post to every group like SOME people.

~Crapple0

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"

Gog

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
Standard Tbirds are SMP capable ( don't know about Durons ).

It's a step backwards if standard palominoes won't be mp capable, makes me do a double take on getting a dual AMD system as I could get tied into an upgrade path that would be as expensive as intel chips :)

--------------------------------

Look at the size of that thing!