Special edition of Deus Ex 3?

ambam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
I was at the mall and walked by a "gamestop" store and saw a poster about a limited edition of Deus Ex 3 which comes with the first two games, as well as the third.

I remember playing the first two Deus Ex games but I never finished them. It would certainly be nice to see how the new graphics shine on my monster gaming rig.

Did the change the game's coding to make them compatible with windows 7 and modern hardware?

easymark26

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
as far as I know its the same game as it was 10 years ago, I did read on joystiq.com about a mod that does improve the graphics quality of 75% of the backgrounds and brings those basically up to par with today's standards, but again I don't know how much help it would be.

easymark26

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010

I think steam is selling DE:Human Revolution and if you get the Augmented edition I think they give you codes for the other DE games, or maybe at this point it is if you preorder the regular version.
I would check steam is my point.

bionicRod

Distinguished
May 20, 2011
I preordered from Steam. Steam and Gamestop have deals where if you preorder HR you get the Deus EX: GOTY edition for free. I didn't see Invisible War included anywhere. The Augmented Edition on Steam is on sale for $53.99. Also, I installed the graphic mods for the original Deus Ex and the difference is pretty staggering. It doesn't look like a modern game per se (especially the characters' faces) but it does go a long way toward updating the graphics. It looks very nice!