Question/Concern with CDM8910

I have a CDM8910 which I like and get great signal in the Central Texas
area. However, I have noticed something that concerns me a little and hope
someone may have a suggestion. In my livingroom and in my office, both of
which are in my home area, I sometimes get the little icon that means you
are out of the home area and roaming. This will blink on and off and
sometimes go off for periods of time then come back on. Is this something
with the phone, with the signal or something I should just ignore?

_KC_

"JTN" <jtnaustin@excite.com> wrote in message
>I have a CDM8910 which I like and get great signal in the Central Texas
> area. However, I have noticed something that concerns me a little and
> hope
> someone may have a suggestion. In my livingroom and in my office, both of
> which are in my home area, I sometimes get the little icon that means you
> are out of the home area and roaming. This will blink on and off and
> sometimes go off for periods of time then come back on. Is this something
> with the phone, with the signal or something I should just ignore?

Sounds like you are in a weak area and the phone is occasionally floating
over onto a Extended Network signal. In weak areas, this is very common as
the phone will try to find a more usable signal.

KC

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:53:52 GMT, JTN <jtnaustin@excite.com> wrote:

>I have a CDM8910 which I like and get great signal in the Central Texas
>area. However, I have noticed something that concerns me a little and hope
>someone may have a suggestion. In my livingroom and in my office, both of
>which are in my home area, I sometimes get the little icon that means you
>are out of the home area and roaming. This will blink on and off and
>sometimes go off for periods of time then come back on. Is this something
>with the phone, with the signal or something I should just ignore?

To add to KC's post you should not be charged for roaming with a
blinking roaming indicator.

Also, there have been posts in the Howard forums concerning outages in
parts of Texas.