Bing Beats Yahoo! to Be #2 U.S. Search Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not suprised. Bing isn't that bad. Its a lot like Google and simple/fast. I actually like the Bing image search a bit better than Googles.

But most people are used to Google so it would be tough for Bing to beat Google. If anything it will suck away some Googlers.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]DJ-of-E[/nom]I, for one, welcome competition.[/citation]
... yeah... now two compete for more of your private information...

cronik93

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
We got some Bing users that like to rate comments low. Sorry you fall for Microsofts advertisements.

I sure hope this doesn't end up like IBM and NetScape.

jjamess

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
The vast majority of Bing's success is the fact that it is now the default for Windows bases PC's. People are lazy and in some cases unaware that they can change to other search engines. Microsoft really does monopolize their position, but I can't say I wouldn't do the same in their position.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I have foudn myself using bing maps more than google maps.. other than that i just use google for searches. its fast. simple, and always gets me what i want bing is useful to but really its about the same results and i liek the google interface better

Stifle

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I like how videos (clips) can be played back from the search page, as well as how the images were returned in a block format, much more information at once. But Google has already copied one of those features...

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Plus, Bing has the pretty homepage pictures... Even though Google is still my default search engine, I love using those Bing Win7 themes Microsoft releases every so often.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
So Yahoo is just a content company now (news, stocks, etc)? Without their search portal driving people to their site, how are they going to compete? A couple of years ago Yahoo news/stocks used to come up all the time when searching, now it seems like Yahoo Answers is the only time I ever see their brand. Do they own any other useful companies/sites/products?

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
Who uses Yahoo? That's like some using Excite or Alta Vista... I don't think I've even gone to Yahoo's website in like 10 years. I can't imagine how bad of a search engine it is. ;)

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Good for Microsoft, and if they power Yahoo now, shouldn't these comparisons be just between Bing vs. Google anyways?

Also, way to just give up Yahoo. All your constant sub-par homepage layout changes and annoying adds that pop-up across half the sceen, along with 20 others pasted all over were finally the death of your search engine. Oh and lets not forget less than stellar search results.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]I don't understand... there are people who do not use google?[/citation]
Heh... Google's search is just flat out better. Take the product search for example - I actually get what I search for instead of ten pages of garbage that match one word out of my entire search. Google is just flat out more accurate, and gets you where you want faster.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]someguynamedmatt[/nom]Heh... Google's search is just flat out better. Take the product search for example - I actually get what I search for instead of ten pages of garbage that match one word out of my entire search. Google is just flat out more accurate, and gets you where you want faster.[/citation]
Exactly my thoughts...only they're about Bing. Which is the reason I left google in the first place, the useless pages filled with garbage that dont even deal with your search

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
I much rather have one single company handling my private info than two. I already use windows and use Bing so why have another company profit from my private information?

grantman1100

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
bing gained that much support so fast because every other update or download asks you to add bing as your dominant search engine and alot of people (me included) don't read that very throughly.

Status
Not open for further replies.