FIC AD11

G

I just bought an FIC AD11, 1.33ghz AMD Athlon, and a 40gb IBM Deskstar. I got everything all setup and it was working fine until i started installing things. Halflife for instance, when installing would almost lockup my system. I had incredible system lag. I couldn't do anything at the same time. I have returned my FIC and gotten another one but had the same problems. I also returned my proccesor and got another. So im almost positive its not the motherboard. I installed the VIA ide drivers though, and now my computer can't even get into windows 2000. It comes up with the following error: Inaccessible boot device, Remove any newly installed harddrives or harddrive controllers. Check your harddrive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK for harddrive corruption and restart your computer. (Its a windows 2000 blue screen) Thank you very much- Bryn

I have an Fic Ad11, with no problems. Try changing one or both of these settings in the bios: Ide Hdd Block Mode or Hdd smart capability. I have also used IBM Deskstar hardrives with no problems, but not with this motherboard.