Oblivion UK release date

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

Just noticed the AMAZON.CO.UK gives the release date as this September ..is
that right please ???
....Not listed at all (that I can find) on AMAZON.COM u.s.a ???
mouse
@@@

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 04:49:43 +0100, "Trimble Bracegirdle"
<NOspam@spam.not> wrote:

>Just noticed the AMAZON.CO.UK gives the release date as this September ..is
>that right please ???
>...Not listed at all (that I can find) on AMAZON.COM u.s.a ???

There have been no official announcements about launch dates, and the
shops I've looked at think sometime in November is likely.
--
Greg Johnson
Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 07:07:41 +0200, Greg Johnson <greg.gsj@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 04:49:43 +0100, "Trimble Bracegirdle"
> <NOspam@spam.not> wrote:
>
>> Just noticed the AMAZON.CO.UK gives the release date as this September
>> ..is
>> that right please ???
>> ...Not listed at all (that I can find) on AMAZON.COM u.s.a ???
>
> There have been no official announcements about launch dates, and the
> shops I've looked at think sometime in November is likely.

I think 1st half of 2006 is a safer bet. Morrowind was more slippery than
an oiled stripper.
Oblivion is a huge game. Lots of crafty little bugs to squish me thinks. ;)

--
The turtle moves!

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

He say..".... AMAZON.CO.UK gives the release date as this September ..is
that right ...........no official announcements about launch dates, and the
shops I've looked at think sometime in November is likely............"

Seems so ..looking around I can find no other mention of any...let alone
Sep. ....release date.

AMAZON.CO.UK cant make it up though ...can they ???
luv mouse
@@@@@@

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

"Trimble Bracegirdle" <NOspam@spam.not> wrote in

> AMAZON.CO.UK cant make it up though ...can they ???

Yes they can.

Ranger

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

Trimble Bracegirdle wrote:
> Just noticed the AMAZON.CO.UK gives the release date as this September ..is
> that right please ???

Who knows? They might just put the date there in case people want to
pre-order (like how gamestores tend to place dates which often turn out
wrong months before release).

I hear Oblivion is supposed to be a launch title for XBox 360, but we
won't know for sure until Bethsoft makes an official date.

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 00:24:33 +0100, Trimble Bracegirdle <NOspam@spam.not>
wrote:

> AMAZON.CO.UK cant make it up though ...can they ???

Bookshops do that all the time. Usually they have different release dates
depending on which shop you visit, until there is something official from
the publisher. It's just their guess.

The only thing I've heard is from someone who was at E3 who said
"holidays" 2005, but Bethsoft usually slips their deadlines a bit so I'd
guess next year sometime.

good sign." -G

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 20:18:41 +0200, Magnus Itland <itlandm@online.no>
wrote:

>Bookshops do that all the time. Usually they have different release dates
>depending on which shop you visit, until there is something official from
>the publisher. It's just their guess.
>
>The only thing I've heard is from someone who was at E3 who said
>"holidays" 2005, but Bethsoft usually slips their deadlines a bit so I'd
>guess next year sometime.

Phooey - I have the misfortune to be overseas on business on my
birthday this year (and it's one of those ending in zero so it would
normally be a big deal) so I get the "honor" of spending it alone and
the _original_ release date was the day after I am to get home.

Guess what I asked the wife and kids for...

MERLIN

"Lasse B" <lab72@broadpark.no> skrev i en meddelelse
> On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 07:07:41 +0200, Greg Johnson
<greg.gsj@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 04:49:43 +0100, "Trimble
Bracegirdle"
>> <NOspam@spam.not> wrote:
>>
>>> Just noticed the AMAZON.CO.UK gives the release
date as this September
>>> ..is
>>> that right please ???
>>> ...Not listed at all (that I can find) on
AMAZON.COM u.s.a ???

>> There have been no official announcements about
launch dates, and the
>> shops I've looked at think sometime in November is
likely.

> I think 1st half of 2006 is a safer bet. Morrowind
was more slippery than
> an oiled stripper.
> Oblivion is a huge game. Lots of crafty little bugs
to squish me thinks. ;)

> --
> The turtle moves!

I think Bethesda will make an effort to release it in
time
for christmas, if at all possible - and work out the
last
minute bugs etc with patches and updates.

merlin

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 16:07:59 +0200, Merlin <bech_dokNOSPAM@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> "Lasse B" <lab72@broadpark.no> skrev i en meddelelse
> > On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 07:07:41 +0200, Greg Johnson
> <greg.gsj@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 04:49:43 +0100, "Trimble
> Bracegirdle"

> date as this September
> AMAZON.COM u.s.a ???
> >>
> >> There have been no official announcements about
> launch dates, and the
> >> shops I've looked at think sometime in November is
> likely.
> >
> > I think 1st half of 2006 is a safer bet. Morrowind
> was more slippery than
> > an oiled stripper.
> > Oblivion is a huge game. Lots of crafty little bugs
> to squish me thinks. ;)
> >
> > --
> > The turtle moves!
>
> I think Bethesda will make an effort to release it in
> time
> for christmas, if at all possible - and work out the
> last
> minute bugs etc with patches and updates.
>
> merlin

When Bethesda released Morrowind they were on the brink of extinction (as
in bankrupt). That probably explains the lack of optimisation on the
engine and really rather huge bugs and CTDs.

This time they have money and time on their side. If it's not ready, I
don't think they'll release it this side of X-mas.

--
The turtle moves!

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

Of course they can! I've seen numerous books at Amazon with a release date
that got pushed back time and time again. George R. R. Martin's "A Feast
For Crows," for example, which still hasn't come out yet (But soon! Very
soon!)...