New G940, a few questions...

brettt777

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
So I finaly bit the bullet and got a Logitech G940. I really think I'm gonna like it but I haven't had alot of success getting the thing set up. So...

- I open the profiler software and go through the process of setting up a profile but I'm not sure what to do with it. Is there some way to save the profile or do I just leave the profiler open, or does it automatically save when I close it?

- If I set up a profile for FSX in the profiler, is it automatically set up in the game or do I have to set it up there? Is it better to set up a profile for FSX in the profiler or just set it up in the game?

- There are a few controls on the joystick that work in the calibration dialogue but they don't work in FSX. In particular, the trim adjustments don't show up in the game at all. There are also alot of buttons that show up and work in the profiler and also show up in the game controller setup, but then when I go flying, most of them don't work. Is this just an issue with the setup/profile?

- I have calibrated the thing a few times but I don't get full throttle response; the engine won't go completely down to idle or completely up to max throttle. I just tried recalibrating it again but this time my minimum and maximum were what appear to be the "idle" and afterburner" detents. We'll see what happens.

I am sure there are things I'm missing here and I am confident I will love the thing once I get it all working. I only wish the rudder pedals were a bit farther apart. I am a large guy that works on real planes for a living and the pedals definitely feel narrow to me, although I can live with it. Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

brettt777

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
Actualy that helps a bunch. I never saw the little running man so I guess I never saved anything. I have heard that even using the profiler you still have to set the axis' up once you get into FSX. I think I have that part figured out. The first time I tried to use the profiler I was trying to assign all the trim axis. The only options it gave me were aileron and rudder, no elevator. So I created my own in the profiler. When I went into FSX and looked at all the axis, the only trim axis it gave me was the elevator axis that I created. No rudder or aileron. So last night I went into the profiler and re-created the aileron and rudder axis in the same manner that I had created the elevator axis. At this point it was 2 AM so I didn't get a chance to check it. I'll do that tonight.
I had also heard that in order for the profiler to work you shouldn't have any joystick/throttle/pedal buttons assigned through FSX. So I'm wondering how that works. If you set up a profile and save it, then start FSX with the profiler still running, does it automaticaly override anything you have setup in FSX, or.....?
Like I said I think I have the axis thing figured out (the throttle issue was the sensitivity setting like you said) but I have yet to be able to get the buttons to work as I assign them in the profiler and I hope that is just a matter of saving my profile and making sure it's setup it to load the profile into FSX when it starts.
THEN.... I can finaly try to fine tune the FFB.

brettt777

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
I made some progress last night. I deleted everything that was assigned in FSX and started a profile from scratch. When I went into FSX from the profiler, making sure it was set to load the profile at FSX startup, I seemed to have most of the buttons working. There were one or two that I need to check the function setup but for the most part, everything worked. The weird part was, all the trim setup that I thought I had figured out, didn't work at all. Something is weird with those trim controls and FSX because they work in other sims.
One thing... I never saw the running man on the top right, but my profile did seem to save as I shut everything down and restarted it and it was all still there.