Linksys WRE54G extending WAG54G (UK)??

Hmmm - I have seen conflicting reports about whether this is do-able,
but has anyone in the UK successfully extended a WAG54G's range using
the newish WRE54G Range-Extender unit please?

Also - I have seen some peeps advise (if it can be done) to use
identical SSID to enable seamless 'hand-off' roaming between units
(ie. at either end of a property), whereas others advise to use
similar but *distinct* SSIDs to allow one to 'force' client to connect
to either unit...yea/nay?

TIA,
Aitch

Mark Hildyard wrote:
> Hmmm - I have seen conflicting reports about whether this is do-able,
> but has anyone in the UK successfully extended a WAG54G's range using
> the newish WRE54G Range-Extender unit please?
>
> Also - I have seen some peeps advise (if it can be done) to use
> identical SSID to enable seamless 'hand-off' roaming between units
> (ie. at either end of a property), whereas others advise to use
> similar but *distinct* SSIDs to allow one to 'force' client to
connect
> to either unit...yea/nay?
>
> TIA,
> Aitch