'BIG Decision!'

G

I want to buid a new system and am having troubles on determining on which 'mobo' I should purchase. Here is the scope:
#1--> ABIT KT7A-Raid Socket A...with a AMD K7 1.4Ghz(266fsb) with 3SDRAM SLOTS and a monster heatsink fan.
#2--> ASUS ATA266 Socket A.... with a AMD K7 1.4Ghz(266fsb) with 3sdram slots 2DDR slots (cannot use both at same time)
#3--> ABIT KG7-Raid Socket A...with a AMD K7 1.4Ghz(266fsb)
with 3DDR slots...
I know that ABIT is the shiznit and I love the Bios... but I cannot decide on which is better does the DDR make much of an improvement other than SDRam? I have not heard much about ASUS, but that they are on the top market along with ABit. I just do not know... PLEASE HELP ME!

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well if your motherboard has the AMD761 chipset you'll get a nice 10% or more over SDR ram going with a DDR solution.
I've never heard of the Asus ATA266 motherboard, and it didn't show up on www.pricewatch.com
Also the Abit KG7 and KG7-Raid have 4 slots for DDR ram.

I own an Asus A7M266 which uses DDR ram and its very nice, but doesn't overclock well. So now I'm getting an Epox 8K7A+ which has raid and is a very nice overclocker also using DDR ram.