Sign in with
Your question

H.A.W.X. 2?

Last response: in Video Games
August 10, 2011 8:05:43 PM

I've been searching around the internet, and all i'm getting about H.A.W.X. 2 is that... it's not-so-great...
Although, I have friend who LOVES H.A.W.X. 2.
I'm wondering if that's a isolated opinion, or the reviewers are just not into Jet-fighting games.
Is H.A.W.X. 2 good, or bad, and why?

More about : question

August 11, 2011 12:36:53 PM

Personally, I found it so-so. I remember playing Heatseeker on the PS2 which was tons of fun! I found that to be faaar better than H.A.W.X.2 for some reason. I still wish it were available on the PC, that would have been great!

The storyline in H.A.W.X.2 is pretty decent. But the gameplay isn't all that. For eg; you don't have a huge choice between aircrafts in every mission. You'll have an option between 2 aircrafts in each mission and you cannot select your choice of weapons. That was what differed in Heatseeker and what worked big for me.

Plus, the choice/ variety of aircrafts in HAWX 2 isn't that great. No stealth planes, etc.

All in all, I wouldn't mind giving it a skip! But then that's just me! :) 
m
l
August 11, 2011 10:48:47 PM

namelessonez said:
Personally, I found it so-so. I remember playing Heatseeker on the PS2 which was tons of fun! I found that to be faaar better than H.A.W.X.2 for some reason. I still wish it were available on the PC, that would have been great!

The storyline in H.A.W.X.2 is pretty decent. But the gameplay isn't all that. For eg; you don't have a huge choice between aircrafts in every mission. You'll have an option between 2 aircrafts in each mission and you cannot select your choice of weapons. That was what differed in Heatseeker and what worked big for me.

Plus, the choice/ variety of aircrafts in HAWX 2 isn't that great. No stealth planes, etc.

All in all, I wouldn't mind giving it a skip! But then that's just me! :) 

Well, it's only 20 bucks, so I guess I'll give it a try.
Thanks for telling!
m
l
August 12, 2011 12:43:28 AM

I got it like 6 months ago and have only played 2 hours of it. In my opinion the problem with the game is that it doesn't have a realistic flight model, which would be ok if the action was fast paced and the game was more arcade like. It's too much in the middle for my liking, you don't get the satisfaction of feeling like you are really flying an aircraft, and it doesn't have the pace of the old air combat games like AfterBurner.
m
l
!