G

if you got that board and i know some must have it still ..... just wondering if anyone can tell me its "true" max multiplier cause i've read 3 different articles over the net.
abit says i can get 700mhz max and i know i can go higher
then firingsquad and sharkyextreme say 8x multiplier
then tom's hardware archive says i can get 1000mhz cpu in there

the reason i'm asking is i got a 1000mhz on the way 100mhz fsb and i was wondering if it will work or should i start looking for another motherboard

if you got any info or any websites that specialize in this board i'd like that extra bit of info thanks

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's "true" max multiplier should be almost unlimmited. This is bacause Intel CPU's use INTERNAL multipliers. It is very rare to find a motherboard who's BIOS cannot handle multipliers that fall outside normal parameters.
Why the 1000E instead of the 1000EB? The 700 at 933 cost less than half as much as the 1000E and easily outperforms it, do to it's higher bus speed (133MHz bus x 7x multiplier makes it 933). The 1000 usually mentioned is the 1000EB, which is 7.5x133, not the 100E, which is 10x100. And the 1000E, as poor as it performs when compared to the 100EB, also cost more-a bad investment if your motherboard supports 133MHz bus. In fact, with current memory prices, the 1000EB can be cheaper than the 1000E even if you need to upgrade the RAM to PC133 in order to use it!

Video killed my Radio Card!

G

thx ...... i got it cause of the price, free is hard to beat and since i'm not really looking for performance just stability i'm ok with this cpu for now
thx again for that information really good work

TRENDING THREADS