Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Socket A motherboards

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Socket
Last response: in Motherboards
July 21, 2001 2:17:06 AM

Are there any Socket A motherboards with no sound on them? I am planning on getting me a new puter but I want one with no sound onboard.

I am also open for recomendations.

More about : socket motherboards

July 21, 2001 5:02:35 AM

Just curious, as I'm by no means an expert, why does it make a difference? Just disable the onboard sound. Search motherboard websites for specs on their socket A mobos.

My brain has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down
July 21, 2001 2:24:44 PM

Cause why pay extra for something ya don't want? I already have a sound card so I don't want a motherboard with on board sound.

I seems that all the motherboard makers are making new boards with onboard sound, Video, Lan and some even with a modem. I just want a basic motherboard with the basic stuff like Serial port, Parallel port, Usb port, etc. Not all that other stuff.

I have been looking hard and I really want a DDR board but alot of them are coming with onboard sound. I have found a few of the older socket A mother boards that run only SDRAM with no on board sound.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 21, 2001 4:51:02 PM

Don't worry about on board sound. That stuff is practically free. How much would you all say it adds to the price. I think about $1 from what I have seen but wippe! Who cares? If you can't pay the dollar go pick up some pop cans for the love of god.

Please do not pee in the gene pool!
July 21, 2001 4:51:05 PM

so it's hard to find, cuz most of the Socket A motherboards are with sound.

:) 
July 21, 2001 6:58:22 PM

Some of the onboard sound is often times better then some of the sound cards out there. Like that A7A has a very good onboard sound setup, it far surpassed my AWE64 sound card.
July 21, 2001 9:49:57 PM

There are TONS of socket A motherboards without onboard sound...look harder. You want SDR or DDR???

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>
July 22, 2001 12:43:47 AM

<font color=red><b>Abit</b></font color=red> is the only manufacturer produces mobos without Sound On-board (KT7, KT7A series and KG7 soon). <b><font color=blue>Asus</font color=blue></b> also has mobos without sound.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
July 22, 2001 2:17:42 AM

Hi take a look at the DFI AK76 board www.dfi.com, perhaps the only draw back is it has the Via 686B South Bridge that is complained about alot.

INTELigence is gained by obtaining aMD