Sign in with
Your question

Games freeze help

Last response: in Video Games
August 13, 2011 2:10:39 PM

When im playing Mw2 for example sometimes it freeze for sec ,I test if my gpu has any problem but i change resolusion to 1280x720 (or something like that not sure) and all graphics off, and i still getting that freeze on cod4 i got no problem,

More ram and new cpu will help?

(My gpu is very good i play crysis 2 with high settings without lag)
My pc Spec
GT 430 OC Gigabyte edition
intel dual core e5400 2.7ghz
2gb ram
windows 7
500 gb HDD

I have downloaded these games to test them before buying them, this should be a problem of freezing?

P.S.
I love this gpu is very good and brand new so there is no problem..

More about : games freeze

August 14, 2011 6:44:36 AM

Pirated games tend to not run like the original and may come with malware so that may explain the short freezing. So buy your games first. You can try running demos for the game as an alternate for downloading the illegal copy.
Also GT430 isn't a gaming card and that can too be a problem.

You should sell it and buy at least a GTS 450.
That CPU too isn't top notch.
August 14, 2011 2:30:03 PM

I had 9400 gt and i just upgrade to gt 430, there is no problem with my gpu ,but you said that might be the pirated games this might be the problem.

Already thinking of upgrading to better cpu because e5400 it's too old and more ram to help my pc performance.
Also gt 430 can run games my friend borrow me his crysis 2 and i could play on extreme settings with 20-25 fps .
Related resources
August 14, 2011 3:43:08 PM

Your GPU doesn't have a problem ( i.e it's not damaged or anything ). It's just that it's not meant for gaming. Just because Crysis 2 gave you good FPS doesn't meant that all the games would run fine with it. You're better off with a better card and not CPU as of yet.
You should change your CPU to a good Quad Core. But if you want better FPS ASAP, then go for a better GPU first. :) 
August 14, 2011 3:55:29 PM

Altar said:
I had 9400 gt and i just upgrade to gt 430, there is no problem with my gpu ,but you said that might be the pirated games this might be the problem.

Already thinking of upgrading to better cpu because e5400 it's too old and more ram to help my pc performance.
Also gt 430 can run games my friend borrow me his crysis 2 and i could play on extreme settings with 20-25 fps .

You got rid of one non gaming GPU just to replace it with another non gaming GPU. please do some research before you buy this stuff.

GT 430 ising ment for gaming.
!