M747 Problem!!! Please Help!!!

G

Ok... I am getting very upset whenever I am facing this situation with my M747 Motherboard.

Everything works fine after installing Windows 98 with it but whenever I go online and load a website with a Flash content, IT SHOWS A BLUE SCREEN!!! It said that it had caused a violation on a whatever VXD [-peep-].

This happened also whenever I play games like Quake3 or Fifa 2000. The blue screen would show up at the starting of the game and my system would freeze afterthat. This is really bugging me and I hope somebody can help me with this.

-- newace --

Are you overclocking? Same thing happened to me with some games. System ran fine overclocked until I started running games. Then the infamous blue screen. Had to change the multiplier to a lower setting.

G

To summarize the problem, surprisingly the motherboard only works well under 256 colours and not under 24-bits of colours. When it is set to 24-bits, the system will often hang by showing a blue screen. I hope this helps.

G

i think this mobo has on-board graphics. is this correct? if so, are you using the latest drivers from the manufacturer? direct x 8? have you downloaded all the win 98 patches and updates from microsoft?

my advice is to get a cheap PCI video card (no AGP port, right?) and disable that crazy onboard stuff. thats your problem: this board runs with 8mb EDO ram for video.....UGHHHH! id give you blue screens as well for running quake with that setup. If im wrong about the onboard video just apply my signiture below!

ignore everything i say

G

I tried another pci VGA card with the motherboard but still it is showing blue screens. Sighz...

G

you disabled the on-board video when you ran the pci vga card? what pci card was it? have you loaded the latest drivers? more info if you really want some help here........

ignore everything i say

TRENDING THREADS