Sign in with
Your question

Good PC games for new computer

Last response: in Video Games
August 14, 2011 4:15:17 AM

So, I've just got all my parts for my first computer build! And it's a decent gaming machine; so I'm looking forward to a side of gaming I've never been able to see much of - PC gaming (This is my first computer with good stats to play games).

So I'm looking for suggestions for fairly new PC games (usually graphics don't mean much to me, but I'd like to have a few with decent ones). So far, I'll be getting Skyrim when it comes out, as well as Starcraft II and Portal 2. But do you guys have any suggestions on awesome PC games? I'm looking for:

- Most things except racing or sports games. Especially interested in RPGs and Action/RPGs.

- Space combat/trading game. I know there are some out there like Elite and X3, but which are the best, and are there any new ones?

- Nothing "hard-core M". We'll see how Skyrim is like, but I'm not into stuff like The Witcher where you can have nude sex and slow motion decapitation with extreme gore... not my thing. T and Low M is fine.

Thanks.

More about : good games computer

August 14, 2011 5:03:04 AM

RPGs
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Mass Effect 1 and 2

RTS
Command and Conquer
Civilization 5

FPS ( if you're intersted )
Crysis
Crysis 2
Crysis Warhead
Battlefield Bad Company 2
August 16, 2011 6:37:43 AM

and theres not extreme gore. this isnt mortal combat or something
Related resources
August 16, 2011 8:52:36 PM

Ok thanks guys. I might get the witcher after all. And how could I forget Age of Empires.
August 18, 2011 10:55:03 PM

+1for the crysis series... extremely fun not gory they do cuss but its not too bad
August 19, 2011 12:42:59 AM

Witcher 2= Phenomenal.
Metro 2033 = a rare gem that will suprise you.
Get them both and enjoi
August 19, 2011 1:16:26 AM

Gman450 said:
RPGs
Fallout 3

Umm..... I would say no to Fallout 3.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but it has issues with Windows 7 64-bit. Lots of people complain about memory leak issues which freezes the game.

I installed it on my Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 which has a Core i5-2410M and GeForce GT 550M. At first it was, but after leaving Vault 101 it tends to crash when you go into structures like a building / shack / train station. In Rivet City Fallout 3 froze 25 times in 60 minutes. Sometimes the game freezes immediately after loading a saved game from the main menu if the game was saved in a structure. In the outdoors, there were no serious issues. It seems the chances of it crashing outdoors is less than in Windows XP.

Fallout 3 was a little unstable in Windows XP, in Windows 7 64-bit it can be a nightmare. A don't think there are any issues with Windows 7 32-bit since all the complaints I've read revolved around Win 7 64-bit.

I have no DLCs or mods installed, it's just the vanilla game.
August 19, 2011 10:55:42 AM

I too had heard of problems running the game in win7 64 bit. I've got Win7 32bit and I've never had a single problem with the game.
But yeah, it will be a waste of money if the OP would be running it on his 64 bit Win7 OS.
!