Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Will I be able to run BF3 maxed out?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 14, 2011 10:55:31 AM

Will I be able to run BF3 maxed out in DX11? I imagine if anything will let me down it'll be the GPU?

AMD Phenom ii x 4 970 BE @ 3.9Ghz
4gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Radeon HD 5850 1gb

More about : run bf3 maxed

August 14, 2011 1:30:54 PM

What resolution do you game at?
August 14, 2011 1:47:41 PM

Around 1300 x 768 on a widescreen TV
Related resources
August 14, 2011 2:15:51 PM

Will my rig be able to max it out?

Core i7 930
6GB DDR3 RAM
Two Radeon HD 5870's (1GB) in crossfireX

1920x1080 monitor.
August 14, 2011 2:52:32 PM

Ambam what do you ******* think.

As for Ryan you should be able to play with most settings maxed but maybe turn down a couple things such as shadows and AA, maybe even a texture or so but it won't matter it will still look great. We won't know for sure though until it's out so just save up a little bit of money and when it comes out if you can't max it out then if you did save up some money go buy another 5850 and run them in crossfire and then you should be future proof for a while. But if your MB cant run crossfire than just turn down the settings a little bit. The game will still look great so don't get to depressed.
August 14, 2011 3:04:44 PM

My motherboard only has one PCIE 2.0 slot but thanks for the answer. Once I upgrade to an AM3+ mb I'll make sure it has two PCIE 2.0 slots and crossfire :) 
August 14, 2011 4:20:31 PM

ambam said:
Will my rig be able to max it out?

Core i7 930
6GB DDR3 RAM
Two Radeon HD 5870's (1GB) in crossfireX

1920x1080 monitor.


if this is a serious question then you really need to go back to school or something. if its not a serious question then i hope you got a good laugh.



i dont understand how people can assemble a system that is really good and have no clue to the abilities of the system they built.

ryan1303 that was not directed at you at all. i have seen numerous people ask if their 2500k with a gtx 580 could play a game at 1920 x 1080 maxed out. its stupid if you ask me that they dont know the answer already.
August 14, 2011 4:32:06 PM

cbrunnem said:
if this is a serious question then you really need to go back to school or something. if its not a serious question then i hope you got a good laugh.



i dont understand how people can assemble a system that is really good and have no clue to the abilities of the system they built.

ryan1303 that was not directed at you at all. i have seen numerous people ask if their 2500k with a gtx 580 could play a game at 1920 x 1080 maxed out. its stupid if you ask me that they dont know the answer already.

Im sure they just wanted to flex their e-peen. Every thread people list these beefy systems and ask " can I run BF3?". Its just human nature to lack subtlety and want attention.
August 15, 2011 2:45:31 AM

Why does everyone think bf3 is going to be so hard to run? Dice has even stated that the requirements will be pretty similar to bc2, which is far from the most demanding game to run.

Another reason I say this is my brother was in the alpha. He could run it very good, and his pc is significantly less powerful than most of the peoples on here. And that is the alpha, so there was likely still optimization to be done too.
August 15, 2011 3:01:53 AM

trogdor796 said:
Why does everyone think bf3 is going to be so hard to run? Dice has even stated that the requirements will be pretty similar to bc2, which is far from the most demanding game to run.

Another reason I say this is my brother was in the alpha. He could run it very good, and his pc is significantly less powerful than most of the peoples on here. And that is the alpha, so there was likely still optimization to be done too.


This.

Dice is amazing when it comes to optimizing their games which is why they are one of my favorite developers. People need to just settle down.
August 15, 2011 7:52:49 AM

cbrunnem said:
if this is a serious question then you really need to go back to school or something. if its not a serious question then i hope you got a good laugh.



i dont understand how people can assemble a system that is really good and have no clue to the abilities of the system they built.

ryan1303 that was not directed at you at all. i have seen numerous people ask if their 2500k with a gtx 580 could play a game at 1920 x 1080 maxed out. its stupid if you ask me that they dont know the answer already.


An enthusiast gaming PC with multiple GPU's can run just about any game maxed out. But titles like Crysis, Metro 2033, the GTA4 PC port, and a few others, give even the fastest PC hardware a run for their money.

Games are going to get more intensive and more demanding. Requiring new hardware.
August 15, 2011 8:22:04 AM

ambam said:
An enthusiast gaming PC with multiple GPU's can run just about any game maxed out. But titles like Crysis, Metro 2033, the GTA4 PC port, and a few others, give even the fastest PC hardware a run for their money.

Games are going to get more intensive and more demanding. Requiring new hardware.


your point?
August 15, 2011 8:36:40 AM

cbrunnem said:
your point?


Battlefield 3 might be on par with hardware killers like Crysis, Metro, and so forth.
August 15, 2011 10:53:46 AM

As the time for BF3 comes closer, we've got lots of topics on this discussion. :D 
August 15, 2011 5:20:18 PM

My prediction for Battlefield 3.

I think a rig with...

Intel i7 2600K 3.4GHz

8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3

2 GTX580's in SLI

will be able to max out Battlefield 3. That's just my own opinion.

Now the problem is however... when will I win the lottery to be able to buy a rig like that?
August 15, 2011 5:23:41 PM

my prediction......

I think people should

stop assuming and wait until it comes out.

DICE are a developer that like to think they are in touch with reality and wont pull a CRYTEK form 2007 OR 2011.

Oh and that dead horse everyone is beating.... its Glue now, so leave it alone.
August 15, 2011 5:31:39 PM

You're correct, I agree. It was just a fun prediction...

and thanks for the welcome.

However I can't wait to see what runs it maxed out in Oct.
August 15, 2011 5:41:52 PM

I think that an intel core i5 2500k with a gtx 570 would be able to max out the game just fine. I do not understand why everyone thinks you need a rig for like $2000 to max out the game. Computers are not that expensive anymore, knowing that you can fit a gtx 580 into a 1,200 build. And a gtx 580 will be able to max out the game without a problem.
Its not like they are designing the game for gaming computers with bulldozer or ivy bridge, and a gtx 6xx or a amd 7xxx. Like seriously, that would make no sense. :]
If the game was so graphics intense, many budget gamers would stay away from it. And that would cut their revenue by a lot. So, with that in mind, why would they make a game that no one would be able to run?
That is my point of view. :]
August 16, 2011 3:54:44 AM

doesnt realy matter only an idiot would max out the settings for online. you need your fps to be a minimum, between 60 and 100 fps which means lower gfx to time your fps with your ping and packets... only the most experienced will do this as they know it gives a real and distinct advantage... single player you want 30 fps minimum but multiplayer you need as many as you can get...
a single 570 will max the game with about 45fps. drop the settings and you can double that. for online...@1080p
a single 580 is a waste of money as they dont give a lot more than the 570 but cost 25 percent or more extra. so if your gonna run an sli setup then save quite a bit of cash and get the 570 over the 580...
August 16, 2011 2:46:43 PM

Yes, 580 is only 10% faster than a 570. And it costs a lot more too.
August 17, 2011 12:57:03 PM

Gman450 said:
Yes, 580 is only 10% faster than a 570. And it costs a lot more too.


The GTX 680 (kepler) will be about 85% faster than the GTX 580.
August 17, 2011 3:27:43 PM

It's just a rumor and not true. Basically they'll try and make it better than 580 by 85%. But I find it a bit too good. I'd say it would be about 50% at max, but hey, that's just me.
Maybe they can do better since the 460 was aimed at 5830, it turned out it even beat it and was a good competitor for the 5850 ( Radeon ).
August 17, 2011 6:13:11 PM

Gman450 said:
It's just a rumor and not true. Basically they'll try and make it better than 580 by 85%. But I find it a bit too good. I'd say it would be about 50% at max, but hey, that's just me.
Maybe they can do better since the 460 was aimed at 5830, it turned out it even beat it and was a good competitor for the 5850 ( Radeon ).


If highly overclocked and watercooled, the GTX 680 could be 100% (twice) as fast as the GTX 580.

Now that's damn impressive!

These cards will bring the house down!

I wonder about the performance differential between the Radeon HD 69xx and HD 79xx cards.
August 18, 2011 1:38:12 AM

ambam said:
If highly overclocked and watercooled, the GTX 680 could be 100% (twice) as fast as the GTX 580.

Now that's damn impressive!

These cards will bring the house down!

I wonder about the performance differential between the Radeon HD 69xx and HD 79xx cards.

where are you finding this info? i know a leap in nm process makes the huge tehnical leap in power and cooling and overall performance, but I cant see a 100% jump. Maybe 50%, but not 100. think of when they made the leap to 40nm... it was a huge margin, but not 100% or even 85%
August 20, 2011 12:47:26 PM

FlintIronStagg said:
where are you finding this info? i know a leap in nm process makes the huge tehnical leap in power and cooling and overall performance, but I cant see a 100% jump. Maybe 50%, but not 100. think of when they made the leap to 40nm... it was a huge margin, but not 100% or even 85%


But we should still see a significant jump in performance.

Are there any technical details about the Radeon HD 7xxx series yet?
August 20, 2011 1:31:42 PM

ambam said:
Are there any technical details about the Radeon HD 7xxx series yet?

Not yet.
August 23, 2011 1:53:45 AM

Guys now you put me in doubt.. I do not know what to do.
I am building a system that I will never sli or crossfire with. I decided to take a gtx 580 over the gtx 570. Should I buy a gtx 580? Or buy the gtx 570 now and upgrade to the 680 when it comes out? We still do not know the price range of the 680, right?
I think I should still stick with the gtx 580, and upgrade when I want.
What would you guys do?
August 23, 2011 2:27:26 AM

buy a 6990 and overclock it and you will be set forevz
August 23, 2011 3:30:35 AM

justjohn5 said:
Guys now you put me in doubt.. I do not know what to do.
I am building a system that I will never sli or crossfire with. I decided to take a gtx 580 over the gtx 570. Should I buy a gtx 580? Or buy the gtx 570 now and upgrade to the 680 when it comes out? We still do not know the price range of the 680, right?
I think I should still stick with the gtx 580, and upgrade when I want.
What would you guys do?

if you plan on upgrading to the new series when it comes out I would get the 570 for the price/performance ratio and then you wont be out so much money when you upgrade. If the Xtra smidge of performance is worth the extra money to you, get the 580, if not then the 570 should run just about anything you throw at it on a single monitor
August 23, 2011 6:32:00 PM

ambam said:
Will my rig be able to max it out?

Core i7 930
6GB DDR3 RAM
Two Radeon HD 5870's (1GB) in crossfireX

1920x1080 monitor.


Yes, you'll be able to play it on the highest settings without a problem.
August 23, 2011 6:35:03 PM

ryan1303 said:
Will I be able to run BF3 maxed out in DX11? I imagine if anything will let me down it'll be the GPU?

AMD Phenom ii x 4 970 BE @ 3.9Ghz
4gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Radeon HD 5850 1gb


Yes, highest settings for you!
August 23, 2011 7:15:10 PM

Xador said:
Yes, highest settings for you!

No, his 5850 will be the shortfall. Hence the entire thread trying to help him find a suitable GPU for his single card setup
August 23, 2011 8:22:52 PM

Yes it will, take it from someone who was in the Alpha, especially at such a low resolution like that.
August 23, 2011 9:10:32 PM

Imm sorry, but when the E3 demo was running on a 580, and not maxed out, i doubt the 5850 will run it maxed. Maybe this " alpha" has lower requirements than the single player campaign. His resolution would be the only saving grace that i see for him to have higher settings.
August 26, 2011 3:47:32 AM

FlintIronStagg said:
Imm sorry, but when the E3 demo was running on a 580, and not maxed out, i doubt the 5850 will run it maxed. Maybe this " alpha" has lower requirements than the single player campaign. His resolution would be the only saving grace that i see for him to have higher settings.

Link to prove this please. I've heard some say this is true and others claim it's false. I never remember DICE or EA stating this officially.
August 26, 2011 4:46:27 AM

trogdor796 said:
Link to prove this please. I've heard some say this is true and others claim it's false. I never remember DICE or EA stating this officially.

They did and im not ppl need to stop speculating about bf3 and just wait til it comes out
August 27, 2011 4:08:51 AM

FlintIronStagg said:
Imm sorry, but when the E3 demo was running on a 580, and not maxed out, i doubt the 5850 will run it maxed. Maybe this " alpha" has lower requirements than the single player campaign. His resolution would be the only saving grace that i see for him to have higher settings.


Perhaps two or three GTX 580's will be able to stomach BF3 on it's highest possible settings.

The next generation of cards are right around the corner. The 28nm HD 7xxx and GTX 6xx.

I might be able to run BF3 with playable framerates with my two crossfired HD 5870's. On my system, I can play the ultimate hardware killer "Crysis" on very high spec and on 1920x1080 and get a playable 30-50 fps. If I apply anti-aliasing, the game becomes too slow to play.
August 27, 2011 12:32:57 PM

im just saying, the specs arent out yet (or that ive seen) so anyone who says yes doesnt realy know
April 7, 2012 1:05:29 PM

Since the card's out now, I can tell you from personal experience you can run BF3 with maxed details (ultra mode) plus AA transparency on a single card in 1080p.
!