Did I get ripped off, or do you think this was ok?

G

I recently ordered a 5 80mm fans and 2 120mm fans from Cooler Guys at <A HREF="http://www.coolerguys.com/" target="_new">http://www.coolerguys.com/</A>.

When you order, their order page says:
"The shipping fees in your shopping cart are an estimate. In most cases, domestic shipping (United States) is less, while international shipping may be higher than the shipping fees presented. If the shipping rates are higher, you will be informed before you are billed."
I took "In most cases, domestic shipping (United States) is less" to imply that I would be charged less if shipping was less. The actually shipping cost (as indicated by the USPS postage mark) was only $6.75 and took 7 days, but I was still charged $14.95 for shipping.

I emailed to ask them (and appologized for being a pain) but I got no response at all.

Do you think padding the shipping is a rip-off, or did I just misread their statement?

I'm curious, because I always fill out a note at reseller ratings now, and I'm not sure what to say on this one. Thanks.

G

P.S. To be fair I should add that thought their server crashed while I was placing the order and <i>I think</i> I was ripped off on the shipping, the quality of the fans was good and neatly packed, and they even included the fan screws which I did not expect.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I don't know... I don't think I paid that much for shipping when I ordered from them. I also got the item packaged nicely and I had questions, and they answered (through email). Try again maybe?

-----------------
Satan Clara...... 'Nuff said.

G

Its up to you wether you think you were ripped off, If you are happy with the product, it was well presented and you recieved it promptly then you probably were not

ZaNtHeR

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2001
Unfortunately, I believe this to be common practice for companies. It is possible they are charging a little more for the packaging material. But it still seems a little excessive. A similar story, I ordered 11 CDs from Columbia House all for 1 cent each and all I would have to pay for is shipping. Well, the shipping ended up being $20. True it is still a very good deal but a little misleading.