Whats a good sandbox RPG game.

skulltac

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
Hey guys I've just recently started playing Ultima VII and have fallen in love with it. Do you know of any games similar to this where the world is alive with people doing jobs and stuff in a big sandbox world where you don't have to do the main quest you can just play as you want. I'm sure there have to be more games similar to this formula. Don't say any of the Elder Scrolls games as I have played most of them. Also my PC can run pretty much any game you throw at it so that's not a problem either.

Captainhero

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Not sure if it would be your thing but I think the most sand-boxy type game there is would be eve online. You can do absolutely anything you want, scamming / piracy etc are actively encouraged and can be a lot of fun. It is so open though a lot of people are left stuck after the tutorials wondering where to go and what to do, you can do anything you like :)

If you've got a good PC to play a game like Witcher, then I'd suggest you go for it. For Witcher 2 however, you're going to need a real beefy system. The game not only has got good graphics, the gameplay ( apart from the sword fighting ) is good too. The story too, fits well.
Fallout 3 would be another game. It's the same developers as Elder Scrolls and will give you tons of hours of fun and gameplay. I wouldn't recommend Fallout New Vegas though. I didn't like it much.

skulltac

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
I have played fallout 3 before and I really did love it, I think I may reinstall it. As for the Witcher I think I'll give that a try as it seems interesting. I've heard about it before but never really looked it up or anything. Also I play minecraft all the time so I expect this next update will be amazing. And I played the trial for Eve online a long time ago and yes I did get stuck after the tutorial but I think I'll download the trial again and give it another shot.

skulltac

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
GPU: ATI HD 6870 (Overclocked)
CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 3.3 GHz (It kinda sucks but I'm upgrading it soon)
RAM: 4gb of Crucial memory (Don't remember the specific model)
PSU: Zephyr 750watt
MB: Biostar A770E3

I think that's all the spec you need right?