Intel Whitney with no Ps2?

G

I just bought a barebones case and MB from ebay (yikes).The system came with no drivers ot documentation. Its an intel whitney motherbd. But it has no ps2 Keyboard or mouse ports!!! Can I configure this system with only usb components? Im assuming I'll have to preload the drive on another pc with regular ps2 ports and load the usb drivers. Has anyone seen or even heard of a system that comes like this. The mother board boot process starts up with a gateway logo.
H e L p ??
Just to clarify, This motherboard has ZERO kbd ports.
The only ports on the back of the board are vga out,usb,sound,modem. No gameport.
No parallel, no serial.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mikejam on 07/24/01 01:55 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
whitney is the codename for Intel 810/E chipset, and i suppose you have a baby AT motherboard with 810 chip, no PS/2 connectors for either keyboard or mouse!

get a AT keyboard and a serial mouse, that would work with it.

and if you dont have any documentation of the board, just boot it, copy the line on the bottom of the screen that reads the memory and post it. most the guys out here will be able to tell who the manufacturer of the board is, so that you could download the docs from their site.

girish

<font color=blue>die-hard fans don't have heat-sinks!</font color=blue>