ECS K7S5A ddr sis735 better than amd 760

andrewbadlose

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2001
I want to know if anyone has seen any ddr boards with the sis735 chipset. I want to know where i could buy this one. Has anyone seen any reviews on it. Do you know where i could buy one with ddr support.
<A HREF="http://www6.tomshardware.com/mainboard/01q2/010611/index.html" target="_new">Shows how sis735 killed amd 760</A>

IntelConvert

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2001
Patience! They are not out yet. From what I've read, Gigabyte's GA-7SRX (SiS735) board will be introduced sometime in August. IMHO, that's the one to wait for!

G

I'm surprised why, whenever there is a review on nForce, the talk goes on and on about the integrated video. Who cares, allow me to ask you. GeForce2 MX is far from the best, and many will likely replace it with an add-on AGP card.

What <b>is</b> special about nForce, however, but rarely emphasized, is that nForce's integrated <b>audio</b> beats any sound card in existence. I don't see any nForce owner buying a sound card in a long long time.

Leo

pvsurfer

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
That's precisely the point I was trying to make. While the nForce may be one of the best DDR chipsets so far, the boards will be expensive because the chipset is expensive (as a direct result of the integrated video and sound). If the 'total package' is worth the added expense to anyone, they should go for it. Otherwise...

...there's the SiS735 chipset - which is very inexpensive (due to its combined North & South bridge, no integrated video, and decent, but not the best, sound) so the boards will be among the least expensive DDR mobos.

While nobody at this time knows how the two chipsets will benchmark against one another, there is good reason to believe that either one will best whatever is out there now!

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
The Nfarce beats nothing at all right now. There are no benchmarks, only a closed demo shown so far. Nobody has heard the sound from it or even thrown different components and apps at it to test it's stability. Dont count on the Hardware review sights when they get the board as well. Usually companies ship hand picked components to hardware sights for review. The biggest example would be the Tyan K7 Thunder duallie for AMD. All the reviewers raved about it, but when it gets to consumers hands there are nothing but problems.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

G

I sense a prejudiced opinion here. Well, caution applies to absolutely all as of yet unreleased products. No need to get mean about a particular one, though.

Leo