Crysis lagging windows 7

i recently installed crysis on my laptop and it has been playing until now
i just got a level "reckoning" and the game is lagging heavy. it willl just lag and lag and then my pc will totally freeze
nothing work at all

windows 7 64bit
intel core i7 q740 1.73ghz
ati 5870 crossfire
8gb ram

i thought it it was my rig but i even run it at low settings and it is still lagging
anyone know what the problem is
9 answers Last reply
More about crysis lagging windows
  1. ^+1 its the level bro. beautiful but rigmelting
  2. ^ Yep, I remember being super ticked when that happened to me. I've come to the conclusion (maybe a little cynical -_-) that most things running on the Crytek engines are glorified tech demos. Beautiful to gaze upon, but rife with issues.
  3. Best answer selected by blazez4real.
  4. thanks to you all
    i guess i can't continue any longer :(
    i'll probably try out warhead, i hoping that one will be free from bugs
  5. warhead runs SOOO much better
  6. blazez4real said:
    i recently installed crysis on my laptop and it has been playing until now
    i just got a level "reckoning" and the game is lagging heavy. it willl just lag and lag and then my pc will totally freeze
    nothing work at all

windows 7 64bit
    intel core i7 q740 1.73ghz
    ati 5870 crossfire
    8gb ram

i thought it it was my rig but i even run it at low settings and it is still lagging
    anyone know what the problem is
  7. Look in your Crysis directory and you will see there is a 32bit exe and a 64 bit exe. Use the 32bit exe and play with full speed again. I had the same problem when moving to 64bit Win 7, changed the exe to the 32bit and runs on max settings with no lag compared to game stall on 64bit.
  8. thnx man but there is no way i can get it running in 32bit on 64bit os
    it only tells me crysis has stopped responding when i do that. the game doesn't even start at all
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Windows 7 Lag Crysis Video Games