Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Download voicemail?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
November 17, 2004 5:58:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I have a verizon cellphone and on occasion want to download a voicemail
message and make a *.wav file out of it. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks for any ideas!
--
Jim Kalb

More about : download voicemail

Anonymous
November 17, 2004 5:58:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Jim Kalb wrote:
> I have a verizon cellphone and on occasion want to download a
> voicemail message and make a *.wav file out of it. Is there a way to
> do that?
>
> Thanks for any ideas!

You might be able to line out the headphone to the line in on your
computer and record. Or hold the speaker up to your mic.

--
David G.
November 18, 2004 3:29:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Jim Kalb <outgoing_jkalb@verizon.net> wrote in
news:87zn1huqoz.fsf@vectra.kalb.ath.cx:

> I have a verizon cellphone and on occasion want to download a voicemail
> message and make a *.wav file out of it. Is there a way to do that?
>
> Thanks for any ideas!

Radio Shack ("You've Got Questions. We've Got Dumb Looks.") Part number
17-855. Works like a champ.

Run it into the wave editor or Audacity (freeware sound recorder, available
on Sourceforge.)


---
Never trust a computer that you can lift. (from the Mainframe Forum)
Related resources
Anonymous
November 24, 2004 7:02:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:29:31 GMT, Rich <root@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>Radio Shack ("You've Got Questions. We've Got Dumb Looks.")

I thought it was, "You've got questions? So do we."
November 24, 2004 3:46:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

The Ghost of General Lee <ghost@general.lee> wrote in
news:2gj8q0pglq3bn2jua2351b1658ukpn77i6@4ax.com:

> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:29:31 GMT, Rich <root@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
>>Radio Shack ("You've Got Questions. We've Got Dumb Looks.")
>
> I thought it was, "You've got questions? So do we."

That presupposes that they can formulate a question. You must have a
higher form of life in your Radio Shacks than in the ones 'round here.



---
Never trust a computer that you can lift. (from the Mainframe Forum)
Anonymous
November 24, 2004 5:49:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:46:24 GMT, Rich <root@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>The Ghost of General Lee <ghost@general.lee> wrote in
>news:2gj8q0pglq3bn2jua2351b1658ukpn77i6@4ax.com:
>
>> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:29:31 GMT, Rich <root@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>>
>>>Radio Shack ("You've Got Questions. We've Got Dumb Looks.")
>>
>> I thought it was, "You've got questions? So do we."
>
>That presupposes that they can formulate a question. You must have a
>higher form of life in your Radio Shacks than in the ones 'round here.

Yeah, there is one area Rat Shack where I can walk in, ask a question,
and the manager actually has a clue about what I'm talking about most
of the time.

But when I walk into my local store looking for an item, the younger
reps tell me they've never heard of it and don't carry it, I brush
them aside, and find the thing hanging on the rack myself.
Anonymous
November 24, 2004 7:08:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Jim Kalb <outgoing_jkalb@verizon.net> writes:

>I have a verizon cellphone and on occasion want to download a voicemail
>message and make a *.wav file out of it. Is there a way to do that?

I have one of these for recording.
http://www.jkaudio.com/celltap.htm

If you're going to do it fairly frequently and want a software solution,
consider getting a cheap prepaid voice over IP to PSTN provider (like
Gafachi) and then putting together a system to call your voicemail and
record the messages.

Potentially useful trivia...I found that if I call my SprintPCS phone
using the CallerID of that phone, the call goes directly to voicemail
without ringing the phone. I don't know if that works for Verizon. (I
was a Verizon wireless/whatever customer in the early 1990s but am just
watching for EV-DO coverage now...)

--kyler
!