Sign in with
Your question

Can my PC run Skyrim?

Last response: in Video Games
August 16, 2011 8:12:29 PM

Hey guys I'm wondering if I should get Skyrim for my PC or Xbox, I would prefer to play it on my PC but I don't know if I've got a good enough rig to play on decent settings:

CPU- Q8400
RAM- 4gig
GPU- GTS 450
Monitor- 1920 x 1080
Windows 7 x64

If I should be able to run this game, what kind of settings could I run it at: Low-Medium maybe or could I possible push it to High and still get a 30+ FPS.

(P.S. I've got a feeling everything is all right, apart from the graphics card, but just wanted to get some advice and opinions)

More about : run skyrim

August 16, 2011 10:07:35 PM

If skyrim is anywhere near as awesome as oblivion, a PC will be the only way to play it with mods n such.

probably will, specs are not out yet as far as I can find though.
August 16, 2011 10:26:54 PM

nocturnal7x said:
If skyrim is anywhere near as awesome as oblivion, a PC will be the only way to play it with mods n such.

probably will, specs are not out yet as far as I can find though.

Thanks for replying :) 

I played Oblivion a lot on old PC and still play it on my new PC (Full Settings with good FPS).

My PC monitor and TV are the same size, but obviously I'm closer to my PC when I play so I can enjoy the graphics more, I also like to play mouse & keyboard for non-shooter games; and those are the reasons why I want to choose to buy PC Skyrim instead of the Xbox version. (Plus the fact that you can mod and its a lot cheaper :p )
Related resources
August 17, 2011 10:30:43 AM

You will definatly be able to run the game yes, at the higher settings with AA I think you are going to struggle tbh.

Medium-high with basic AA you should be fine at 1920X1080
August 17, 2011 10:54:52 AM

bora63 said:
You will definatly be able to run the game yes, at the higher settings with AA I think you are going to struggle tbh.

Medium-high with basic AA you should be fine at 1920X1080

Cheers, I was hoping I could get something like that :) 
!