EQ2 item drop group loot.

I was grouped on Eq2's n00b isle when a chest popped and after it was
opened, not by me, the item window did open for me. Does deciding who
gets an item all handled server side now removing the game stopping
rolling, ninja looting, bad blood, aka "I should have been given that
item" of the old system (god I hope).
6 answers Last reply
More about item drop group loot

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Shane wrote:

    > I was grouped on Eq2's n00b isle when a chest popped and after it was
    > opened, not by me, the item window did open for me. Does deciding who
    > gets an item all handled server side now removing the game stopping
    > rolling, ninja looting, bad blood, aka "I should have been given that
    > item" of the old system (god I hope).

    It's worked fine so far in the groups I"ve been in, though often times the
    first box dropped doesn't get lotteried because the leader forgot to turn
    the option on.

    I'm sure, however, that there will still be plenty of people bringing up
    NBG. IT does a great job of stopping ninja looters though.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Jerelyn Foxeye -- http://www.foxeye-art.com

    On Antonia Bayle (EQ):
    [14 Iksar Cleric] Viizanafyaeth
    [6 High Elf Fighter] Foxeye

    On Order (Horizons):
    [10 Monk/Druid Saris] Foxeye

    "Shane" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > I was grouped on Eq2's n00b isle when a chest popped and after it was
    > opened, not by me, the item window did open for me. Does deciding who
    > gets an item all handled server side now removing the game stopping
    > rolling, ninja looting, bad blood, aka "I should have been given that
    > item" of the old system (god I hope).

    Poke around the options menu some (Alt O) (or it might have been another
    place, I'm not exactly certain.)

    But there is a place in game where you can set loot rules for your group.
    The group leader has three options to choose from.

    1) Free for all
    2) Leader loot only
    3) Lottery

    I haven't tried the third option yet, so I'm not sure if it just randomly
    hands out the loot, or if it makes you signify in some way that you want it,
    then distributes it among those who want it.

    --
    Dearic - Dwarven Warlord of E'ci

    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=50248

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Davian wrote:

    > 3) Lottery
    >

    > I haven't tried the third option yet, so I'm not sure if it just randomly
    > hands out the loot, or if it makes you signify in some way that you want it,
    > then distributes it among those who want it.

    It pops up a window for everyone saying "do you want to go in on this?"
    and once it times out or everyone answers it randomly assigns stuff
    item-by-item. Works pretty well, though I've seen one person win 5
    lotto's in a row in a group of 6, so sometimes pure-randomness isn't
    always the nicest thing.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    In article <wD4nd.4145$pK6.3560@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>, Davian
    wrote:
    > Poke around the options menu some (Alt O) (or it might have been another
    > place, I'm not exactly certain.)
    >
    > But there is a place in game where you can set loot rules for your group.
    > The group leader has three options to choose from.

    Right-click on another group member (either their character, or their name
    in the group window), and it will be on the pop-up.

    --
    --Tim Smith

    wrote: ...
    > 3) Lottery
    >

    > I haven't tried the third option yet, so I'm not sure if it just randomly
    > hands out the loot, or if it makes you signify in some way that you want
    > it, then distributes it among those who want it.

    The loot window opens for all when anyone opens it. It contains buttons for
    "Accept" and "Decline" (and something else I don't recall), and a timer that
    says "this item will be lotto'ed in N seconds" or something like that.

    You click accept if you want it, decline if you don't. At the end of the N
    seconds, or when everyone has accepted or declined, the server rolls and
    awards the item. I don't know if people who neither accept nor decline are
    in the lotto or not.

    --
    --Tim Smith

    "Shane" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > I was grouped on Eq2's n00b isle when a chest popped and after it was
    > opened, not by me, the item window did open for me. Does deciding who
    > gets an item all handled server side now removing the game stopping
    > rolling, ninja looting, bad blood, aka "I should have been given that
    > item" of the old system (god I hope).

    Surely you can't be serious! As long as there are people, there will be
    whining, kvetching, and general carrying-on.

    Even with the auto-lotto system you can bet that someone will complain "Why
    were you in on it? You don't need it!".

    Once boxes are dropped, you've got about 10 minutes to open them before they
    become generally available. Once they become generally available they can
    be opened by anyone *simultaneously*.

    Once they're openable, multiple people can open them at the same time, and
    the winner's the one who presses "loot all" first, and has room for
    whatever's inside. I have opened an ignored box to see what's inside, then
    had someone else come running up, open it and click, and hey, presto! the
    loot's gone.

    I've also come upon a discarded box and been told by others waiting for the
    timer to run out to "bug off, man". That was amusing. Beat him to the
    click, too.

Games Servers Video Games