Ping in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukums

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Hello All.

I'm very torn lately.

My Ping playing MMORPG's is usually at 400-600 mark.

This makes pvp impossible, you can't compeat with people in the world with 60ms.

I've tried wowtunnels, battleping... they all help me down to 200ms but this is still far from good enough.

Can anyone suggest hardware or tunnel services that I could try?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Luke

Solution
well try using battle ping software, google it. Also try searching for leatrix latency fix on the net. It does helps to lower ur latency over internet. I am using battle ping with the free version which disconnects every one hr, but hey its free. You can pay for the software too and enjoy uninterrupted service, but i would advice you to try before you pay. :D

Lukums

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
The servers are hosted from the US East Coast.

The Belkin router I had was the issue, I got the shits and bought a Netgear N600 which fixed the issue, from 450 ping to 250... I'd say safe to assume it was the router.

However I'm still looking for a excellent proxy/tunnel service if anyone knows of one please share.

deicidechaos

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Theres the problem lol.
Try and find closer servers, like asia, "oceanic" or south pacific, The closer the server the lower the ping. Or when browsing your list of servers sort the list by ping, the lower you join the better connection you will recieve.

Azzur1

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
well try using battle ping software, google it. Also try searching for leatrix latency fix on the net. It does helps to lower ur latency over internet. I am using battle ping with the free version which disconnects every one hr, but hey its free. You can pay for the software too and enjoy uninterrupted service, but i would advice you to try before you pay. :D

Solution

Lukums

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
I've installed leatrix latency fix which took it from 650 to 350 which was fantastic.

The installed battle ping which went from 350 to 220.

Now listening to the physics people, 215-230 is the absolute best connection you can get in australia connecting to US East servers.

Thanks for your advice,

flagged best answer for battle ping.

Even thought Physics play a big part in this also.

Status
Not open for further replies.