asus A7M266
athlon 1.2ghz (266fsb)
visiontek Geforce3 oc(220/522)
Pc2100 128meg
Sound Blaster Live5.1 X-gamer
52*cd rom drive
Quantum AS Plus 20G HD

Some Question I wanted to ask.
Does 3Dmark2001 sometimes pause? (sometime when Benchmarking does it freeze for 1 second or maybe 1/2 sec? I mean a noticeable shutter)
Does anyone have the AMD AGP Bus control? I dont have one Why?
HOW can U enable Fastwrite? (I Don't mean in the Bio,when running soft Sandra Benchmark,I detected it wasn't enable But I enabled inthe Bio)
and the main Question How do u setup the system?which driver do u use?
sence the VIA 4in1 driver is only for the Via chipset?

Please sent me replie
Thanx in advance
R4212@hotmail.com (Chinaman)spelling,grammer is abit odd is it?

G

that's what im wondering, too. since it has an amd chip for the northbridge and a via for southbridge (or it might be the other way around, dunno), do you use via's drivers or amd's drivers?

G

You need to use both the Via and AMD drivers. The trick with the Via 4-in-1 drivers is that you need to UNCHECK the AGP driver during the installation (that is for Via northbridges). Since you have the AMD northbridge you also need to install AMD AGP driver. You can get the AMD AGP driver over at their web site under the support section.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain

G

i went to the amd website under support and found all the drivers, but there isn't anything for agp, or anything for the 760/761 chipset. the only things they have are for the k6-2 processors and flash memory.

ahallada

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2001
I'm convinced that the best solution for these AMD761s right now is to purchase a Promise Ultra100 TX2 ATA100 controller card and run the hard drives from the Promise card with Promise Drivers. Don't mess up your system with those 4 in 1 drivers. My hard drive performance went up over 30% when I installed the Promise card. This is especially true if you are running more than one hard drive. Hook the drives to separate channels on the Promise card and run them both as Masters. It is so easy and well worth the 36.00 I spent. Check out www.pricewatch.com for latest prices.
Allen

G

At the very top of the page that lists all the stuff for the K6-2 processors is one that says "Athlon Processors" everything for AMD 750 and 760 chipsets is under there.

Or you can try this link straight to the page:
http://www.amd.com/products/cpg/bin/

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain

G

ok thanks, i don't know why i didn't see that before. so i only use amd's agp drivers (which would the winME agp-minidriver for me) and only after i install the latest via 4-n-1 drivers (with agp unchecked), right?

G

It shouldn't matter whether your Via 4-in-1 or the AMD AGP driver is installed first, but doing it in the order you describe should work just fine.