ounsti

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
I'm about to buy a computer and I have the hdd, case, ram, and mobo picked out.

My question is whether to upgrade from Phenom II X3 720 and Radeon HD 5570 to a Phenom II X6 1055T and a Radeon HD 6750.

However this is $100 more expensive and I am on a budget. How much of a difference would I see between these two options? Is the processor going to make that much of a difference? Should I spend the extra $ on a better card alone? Also, are there any AMD cpu / graphics cards combo's you would recommend for around $200 +/- $50 ? Bonus points for lower cost, as I am on a budget.

Thanks!

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
I would recommend you only get a GPU upgrade for now. Go for a good GPU like a 6950 it will cost you around 220usd.

Again save up afew months then upgrade the CPU to the AMD Phenom X4 955 overclock it near 3.8ghz and u should be set for a while.

Remember its the GPU that does most of the work when it comes to games. Hence keep a good portion of your investment on the GPU.

Is this a new build from the ground up or an upgrade? Just want to clarify. I read this as you are building new and can not decide between the two options. If you are building from the ground up and are going AMD, I'd get a Phenom II x4 955BE. If you are in the US Newegg has this CPU for $15 off making it $105. I'd focus on getting a good video card if you are looking to game. a 6850 is only $50 more then a 6750.

Could you list your build as the pirate above mentioned. It's your best place to start.