[EQ2] How big is the first patch?

mack

Just wondering if anyone remembers how big the first patch is to download
once you buy and instll EQ2 from the gamebox? Dialup players need not
apply??

Thanks!

"Mack" <malcolmbrewerNICHTSPAM@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Just wondering if anyone remembers how big the first patch is to download
> once you buy and instll EQ2 from the gamebox? Dialup players need not
> apply??

On my cable connection it took about 10-15 minutes.
A dialup user should expect a few hours, but nothing
unreasonable.

I spent 30+ hours downloading the WoW beta - that was
unreasonable. Worse part is...I only played it for about
10 hours before deciding I didn't like it. I am finding
EQ2 much more enjoyable - and I plan on subscribing.

Mack wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone remembers how big the first patch is to download
> once you buy and instll EQ2 from the gamebox? Dialup players need not
> apply??

It didn't give a size, but time-wise on a 512 broadband connection, took
me around about 6 hours to complete (that's from yesterday)

--
Michael Greenhalgh
---

City of Heroes:
Shadow Ranger | Mutation Scrapper | Virtue
---

Michael Greenhalgh wrote:
> Mack wrote:
>
>> Just wondering if anyone remembers how big the first patch is to download
>> once you buy and instll EQ2 from the gamebox? Dialup players need not
>> apply??
>

> It didn't give a size, but time-wise on a 512 broadband connection, took
> me around about 6 hours to complete (that's from yesterday)

6 hours? On a 1M broadband connection it took me maybe 15 minutes.

John Burton wrote:

> Michael Greenhalgh wrote:
>
>> Mack wrote:
>>
>>> Just wondering if anyone remembers how big the first patch is to
>>> download
>>> once you buy and instll EQ2 from the gamebox? Dialup players need not
>>> apply??
>>

>> It didn't give a size, but time-wise on a 512 broadband connection,
>> took me around about 6 hours to complete (that's from yesterday)
>

> 6 hours? On a 1M broadband connection it took me maybe 15 minutes.

This may have been related to some problems I had with the second DVD,
which just hung halg-way through. It's possible 6 hours was just because
it was downloading the content that it didn't get off the DVD :-|

--
Michael Greenhalgh
---
www.tripleb.co.uk | Weblog
www.loonygooncircus.com | {LgC} Clan Site
www.suta.co.uk | Swansea University Tactical Airsoft Society
---
MMORPGs
EverQuest:
Miglok | Half-Elf Ranger | Venril Sathir

EverQuest 2:
Miglok | Half-Elf Scout | Lavastorm

Mack wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone remembers how big the first patch is to download
> once you buy and instll EQ2 from the gamebox? Dialup players need not
> apply??
>
> Thanks!

Hour and a half on dialup.