Intel D850GB Beep codes

G

Hello all,

I just got a intel d850gb motherboard and attempted to hook it up. The board will boot, but I get a series of tones.

the first series (1 long, 2 short) and then (2) short.

I understand the first error code to be a video card problem but when I look at the board the fan is running. the video card is an Asus v-6600 model.

The next error code I understand to be "parity can not be reset." What exactly does this mean? Is the mb defective? Is there a way to reset this? Does it have any thing to do with the video board?

I removed the video card from the system and stil received the same error codes.

The only equipment I have hooked up at this point is:

Inwin 508 case
D850gb motherboard
P4 1.4 ghz
Tekram Ultra 160 scsi card
Quantum scsi hd (a typhoon I think, atlas II 10,000 rpm.)

Please help and thanks in advnace

G

Thanks for replying to the post.

I have (2) 128 PC800 Rdram and (2) 64 PC800 Rdram installed. This is a brand new install, with a brand new hard drive (not formatted yet) and nothing done to the motherboard. The ram is kingston, samsung, and an off brand type.

All the equipment is brand new.

G

Thanks for the help (again)
ok, heres an update...

I took the video card into my school and tested it there. The card is not faulty. It does produce an image on the monitor. This would lead me to believe that there is something wrong with the AGP slot. Is there a way to tell? Or is my card not somehow compliant? (d850gb motherboard, asus agp-v6600 deluxe video card)

AS far as the ram goes, yes there are 2 different brands installed. The first 2 64 megs are Kingston and Samsung (which according to the website address printed on the ram are the same, both samsung).

The 2 128 chips are indentical, and made by Syncmaster. I think this is a fairly generic brand, which I received from edgemicro.com.

I can try different combinations, but according to the test sheet, the 2 64s are ok. Maybe something happened to them during shipping? This is starting to get frustrating.

Thanks again...