New or used????

G

Is my motherboard new or used??????

Has anyone ever done a first time boot up on a "brand new retail" motherboard and had the computers date in the BIOS already properly set?

----------------------------------------------------
My retail store seems reputable and assured me it was a new board the day I bought it. Now a few weeks later I finally get all the stuff hooked up, and now I notice the date already set, and a tiny scrach on the Northbridge heatsink, I wonder if this is a refurbished board?

Any thoughts? Is it possible the date was set during some factory?

(The mobo is a MSI K7Turbo-RAID)

I would repeat that to the retailer and see what he says. Personally, I'd want them to replace it. Even if the time thing were normal (I'm not sure if it is, cos my mobo was a year out when I got it) I'd want a baord with no scrathes.

<b>
"Now drop your weapons or I'll kill him with this deadly jelly baby." :wink:
</b>

G

Thanks for responding.

Yeah the scratch is tiny and for all I know thats no big deal.

THis date thing seems a little odd but what makes me think its not my vendors fault is this. THe date was today, the time was almost 12 hours ahead of me......which is Taiwan time. MSI is made in Taiwan hmmmmm

Me thinks my mobo is from that pile in the corner that got knocked over when Haung tripped and spilled his coffee LOL

Oh hey one other question.....what did you mean when you said your mobo was "one year out" clarify please?

Steve