DDS drive or Adventures in HP deconstruction.

Hey all,

OK, we've got an NOS OEM DDS1 drive for our ancient E25. I've never
taken a '9000 apart, so I'm looking for some insight and moral support.

It looks like there are six screws on the back and the case will slide
off. Is this true?

Once I get the case off, is it difficult to get the drive out? Will I
have to remove the mobo or anything painful?

Any help is appreciated.
Take care,
Richard

"Richard Gaudette" <gordon@hey.net> wrote in message
> Hey all,
>
> OK, we've got an NOS OEM DDS1 drive for our ancient E25. I've never taken
> a '9000 apart, so I'm looking for some insight and moral support.
>
> It looks like there are six screws on the back and the case will slide
> off. Is this true?

Yep.... but think you only have to remove two screws at bottom front of
front cover instead,

> Once I get the case off, is it difficult to get the drive out? Will I
> have to remove the mobo or anything painful?

Nope, two screws at the front of drive mech (either side once front cover is
off), slide the drive out, disconnect it. swap the side brackets and front
panel of DDS mech (maybe) over and way you go.