It can run BF3, but just how well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pewpewpewbamarggggh

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
I own a DV6 with a 1GB AMD 6770M, 4GB RAM @1333Mhz , i7 2630QM proc. It can run most games I own at pretty playable fps, but after just watching that caspian sea trailer am wondering if running the game at 40fps (1366 by 768 res) is realistic for my specs.

Some fps benchmarks:

MW2 @ maxed out settings with solid average of 50 - 60 fps

The Witcher 2 @ medium settings with 12 - 30 fps

NFS Shift 2 @ medium settings 12 - 30 fps

Starcraft 2 @ High/ultra settings 35 - 50 fps

AVA @ maxed out settings 40fps+ (vsync), 90fps(without vsync)

COH OF @ maxed out settings 30ish fps

So what do you think?

Solution

Where do people get this stupid ideas from? Any one who calls them self a gamer can instantly tell the difference between 20 FPS and 60 FPS. If you cannot then you need your eyes checked. 60+ FPS is totally smooth, 20 is almost slide show.

circulate

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
bf3 isn't gonna be as hoggish as people think, relax youll have fun playing the game at 20+fps all the time. Does everyone know the eye can only see at like 20-30fps... relax and enjoy the games content.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007

Where do people get this stupid ideas from? Any one who calls them self a gamer can instantly tell the difference between 20 FPS and 60 FPS. If you cannot then you need your eyes checked. 60+ FPS is totally smooth, 20 is almost slide show.

Solution

I agree to the point of the human eye can see well over 100 fps, but the point in running at 60 is the drops into the 40's arent as noticable as when you run a game at 30 and drop into the teens or 20's. If you are having trouble running witcher 2 with playable framerates, then BF3 will most likely be around the same. MW2 is not somethign to judge by, because it is designed for 60 fps on consoles, which have severely outdated hardware. IMO you will be getting somewhere around 30 fps with some dips on med settings without any bells n whistles.

pewpewpewbamarggggh

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
Thanks for the input guys. 30fps doesn't sound too promising to me but I suppose that's the limit of my laptop for BF3. I suppose upgrading to 8gb of Ram will hardly see much change either but right now I don't have much money to cough up for a decent gaming PC. I live in Aus btw, so everything here is overpriced :fou: getting this notebook here for 1000ish with this kind of gpu was a miracle in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS