Switch 5 on Asus A7A266?

G

Newly built system slowing and locking up. Running DDR ram and need to know the setting for this switch as manual helpfully states off then contradicts itself in the diagram directly below(p20). The PDF file from Asus.com does not help either. Using jumper free mode at the mo with all 10 switches off and the voltages reported by probe are nose-diving with alarming frequency. Also reporting CPU temp at 58c idle. Could these nasties be related to jumper free mode? Or am i just a straw grabbin' agian? 300W PSU should be OK? Help! Please!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Voltage problems are caused by either a poor quality power supply or line voltage dips. If your line voltage is stable, get a better power supply (not all 300W power supplies are created equally). If you have a line voltage problem, get a UPS.
The temp thing is a detection flaw in Asus's BIOS and should not be taken seriously. I think the readings are 10C higher than reality.

Video killed my Radio Card!

2fast

Distinguished
May 21, 2001
There is also a new probe version of that software available the old one is ver. # 2.12.09 the new one is ver. # 2.14.01 this is available on the ASUS web site.

If it ain't broke don't fix it

G

I think the a7a266 had a problem of reporting temps around 10 degrees too high, but I think they fix the problem in one of later bios revisions, but until you know for sure I would treat it like it really is that hot (just in case it is right you don't wanna fry your processor)