LG VX-6100 vs Mot V265?

Last response: in Network Providers
November 18, 2004 2:26:29 AM

I am currently using the VX-6100 during my NE2 15 day trial, and really
like what I've seen thus far. I came from my beloved Startac 7868 which I
still have.

I am wondering what people's field experiences have been with the V265?
I'm in the Boston area so coverage is not a problem for me. The 6100 has a
nice camera and display, and I would be tempted to swap to the v265, but
all the stories I hear of Motorola QC and s/w glitches has me hesitant.
The last thing I want to is to end up with a "free" (after rebates, etc)
"wrong" NE2 phone.

Experiences from the trenches of using the V265 would be most appreciated.

My main needs are:

- Loud Speakerphone (used while driving)
- Simple navigation (again, used often while driving)
- Lighted keypad (helps for dark/night dialing and overall navigation)
- Good battery life
- Calendar/organizer would be nice - the 6100 has a simple one which
suites my needs
- Extendable antenna for enhanced signal strength

I'm planning to visit the nearly VZW store to check out a working model
(if they have one) and compare it to my LG.

Thanks for any/all insights/responses.

Scott

More about : 6100 mot v265

Anonymous
November 18, 2004 3:44:19 PM

Scott Ehrlich wrote:

> I am currently using the VX-6100 during my NE2 15 day trial, and really
> like what I've seen thus far. I came from my beloved Startac 7868 which I
> still have.
>
> I am wondering what people's field experiences have been with the V265?
> I'm in the Boston area so coverage is not a problem for me. The 6100 has a
> nice camera and display, and I would be tempted to swap to the v265, but
> all the stories I hear of Motorola QC and s/w glitches has me hesitant.
> The last thing I want to is to end up with a "free" (after rebates, etc)
> "wrong" NE2 phone.
>
> Experiences from the trenches of using the V265 would be most appreciated.
>
> My main needs are:
>
> - Loud Speakerphone (used while driving)
> - Simple navigation (again, used often while driving)
> - Lighted keypad (helps for dark/night dialing and overall navigation)
> - Good battery life
> - Calendar/organizer would be nice - the 6100 has a simple one which
> suites my needs
> - Extendable antenna for enhanced signal strength
>
> I'm planning to visit the nearly VZW store to check out a working model
> (if they have one) and compare it to my LG.
>
> Thanks for any/all insights/responses.
>
> Scott

Just got (3 days ago) my V265.
Navigate while driving??? Sounds like a bad idea.
Does have one touch dialing.
Has lighted KP
Has digital dialing (have not tried)
Have not tried speaker phone, but it is accesed via button on side.
Believe it has calendar/organizer but have not tried yet.
Lots of menues - easy to follow.
Has pop up antenna (I think that is a vzw requirement) but I have never
seen much diff in past.
Generally similar to earlier Motorola phones if you have used one.
Will try speakerphone today (where does one put the phone - other than
holding it?)

LB
Anonymous
November 24, 2004 3:00:34 PM

scott@mit.edu (Scott Ehrlich) wrote in message news:<419bde25$0$570$b45e6eb0@senator-bedfellow.mit.edu>...
> Experiences from the trenches of using the V265 would be most appreciated.
>
> My main needs are:
>
> - Loud Speakerphone (used while driving)
> - Simple navigation (again, used often while driving)
> - Lighted keypad (helps for dark/night dialing and overall navigation)
> - Good battery life
> - Calendar/organizer would be nice - the 6100 has a simple one which
> suites my needs
> - Extendable antenna for enhanced signal strength

The V265 is above average in every category that you are looking for.
If you're currently using the 6100, you will be disappointed in the
Camera and Main display on the V265...you get what you pay for!
!