Weird Computer Lag Problem

FunkMasterMitch

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
I bought a Alienware m15x not to long ago, I installed a few games (Starcraft 2, TF2). Every thing was working fine until I bought CoD4 from Steam. CoD4 had a really bad frame rate lag problem, but i noticed it was also affecting Starcraft 2. I have re installed CoD4 a few times and it has changed nothing. Starcraft will run fine some days were I will get 60+ fps but other days i will get 12 fps. This only started to happen after i had bought CoD4 from Steam. I have no clue why this would happen and i could use some help.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
you need to clean registry when you uninstall something,

you wouldnt leave the burnt on crud at the bottem of a pot after making stew then leaving it there till you make the next one, would you?

ccleaner is one of the easysit to use, might as well install and run smart defrag 2 while your at it as well, this will speed your computer up

FunkMasterMitch

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

ok, so i just download those programs you talked about?

Nihilis

Distinguished
May 18, 2011

Ahhh, I was only here on a pseudo "holiday" while in France :( I still pop back every now and again (like now), but unfortunately time waits for no one, and I never have enough to carry on like I did back then.

I'll try to make sure I'm around as much as possible though so I can continue being an accomplice ;P

Nice to see you all again though folks :)

-Nih

the moment you start playing a game, it can overheat. You could leave it off for a month, and it would still happen if overheating was the case