FlareDust

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2001
hi i'm planning on buying the asus a7m266 board, i've previously purchase the same board for a friend, but i am baffled on a certain subject. On the asus website, the a7m266 has an optional built in 3com lan nic. The one i purchased for my friend did not come with this lan nic. How can i get a board with this nic?

G

They are probably hard to find. I know I've looked around for several different motherboards with integrated NICs before (always listed as an option) and have found very few. I think they may be easier for system integrators to get their hands on, but most places that sell motherboards tend to leave off optional equipment.

Seems like integrated NICs would be considered standard equipment on many machines anymore with broadband becoming so prevalent, but I haven't seen it very often.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain

ahallada

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2001
I would have to agree. My A7M266 came with onboard audio that I didn't ask for and wasn't listed. Maybe you will draw the right board. LOL. Good luck.
PS: This board rocks, except it doesn't allow for overclocking 1.33Ghz+ processors. Also on a two hard drive system, performance is enhanced almost 20-30% by going with a Promise ATA100 controller card and hooking both hard drives to the hard drive controller bypassing that Via Southbridge. Good luck.
Allen