EQ2 - What am I doing wrong?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
November 19, 2004 6:32:01 AM

Im a lvl 9 fighter in Freeport and I cant find anything to fight thats
any good. Ive tried the sprawl but its either got underconned boss
mobs in groups or things that are too easy and give less then 1% exp
and very little loot. When you do get something its worth maybe 8
copper.

Im kinda lost on what to do next, all my armor is green but I cant
make any money to buy better. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

More about : eq2 wrong

Anonymous
November 19, 2004 8:23:10 AM

someone@msn.com wrote in message news:<45qqp0dr4g3tljn4ne42jir0ktcuageh67@4ax.com>...
> Im a lvl 9 fighter in Freeport and I cant find anything to fight thats
> any good. Ive tried the sprawl but its either got underconned boss
> mobs in groups or things that are too easy and give less then 1% exp
> and very little loot. When you do get something its worth maybe 8
> copper.
>
> Im kinda lost on what to do next, all my armor is green but I cant
> make any money to buy better. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Go outside freeport to the garden and commonlands
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 10:32:44 AM

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 03:32:01 GMT, someone@msn.com wrote:

>Im a lvl 9 fighter in Freeport and I cant find anything to fight thats
>any good. Ive tried the sprawl but its either got underconned boss
>mobs in groups or things that are too easy and give less then 1% exp
>and very little loot. When you do get something its worth maybe 8
>copper.
>
>Im kinda lost on what to do next, all my armor is green but I cant
>make any money to buy better. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Do Quests - I'm 15 atm, and all my xp has been earned from Quests.
Either directly, as rewards, or from killing mobs.

I haven't actually gone hunting creatures specifically for XP yet,
although my guild has organised a Gnoll hunt for tonight. :)

And what's with all the carrots ?
November 19, 2004 10:32:45 AM

I have an 8 Ratonga Scout and went out to the Crossroads in the Commonlands.
There are numerous white mobs in that area so that may be a place to camp
and hunt.

Peter
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 12:35:26 PM

someone@msn.com wrote in message news:<45qqp0dr4g3tljn4ne42jir0ktcuageh67@4ax.com>...
> Im a lvl 9 fighter in Freeport and I cant find anything to fight thats
> any good. Ive tried the sprawl but its either got underconned boss
> mobs in groups or things that are too easy and give less then 1% exp
> and very little loot. When you do get something its worth maybe 8
> copper.
>
> Im kinda lost on what to do next, all my armor is green but I cant
> make any money to buy better. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Find a blue group single up arrow creature that you can kill solo and
camp them for a few days. You should be able to get 2-3% per mob
(since it's group) and a good shot and some loot chests. You should be
able to get a few books for brokering and several pieces of armor
which go for multiple silver each. :)

Quests are overrated, IMO. I suggest only doing the ones that result
in armor/weaponry that you can actually use, and just doing the xp
grind the rest of the time. No wasted time loading the same areas over
and over.

I'd offer a few suggestions for mob campsites, but I'm from Qeynos.
November 20, 2004 2:45:00 AM

> Im kinda lost on what to do next, all my armor is green but I cant
> make any money to buy better. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Two thinks make you money: quests and the chests that drop off monsters. If
you wanted to max monetary reward, go and farm greenies where you can mow
them down quickly and pop as many chests as possible. Being a rogue helps
here as reduced downtime from traps.

For leveling - forget xp grind, you grind this game for money and not xp (at
low level) as far as I can see. Just start looking for quests. Not only will
you learn the layout of your home city well but after a few hours questing
your xp bar zooms along.
November 20, 2004 2:45:01 AM

"Rastus" <zzrhardy@iinet.net.au> wrote in

>> Im kinda lost on what to do next, all my armor is green but I cant
>> make any money to buy better. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Go to Allakazam's EQ2 web site, 'quests','by zone', print out your home
district first, then others if you'd like, go to the appropriate zone, ask
the guard where x npc is and do the quests.
!