Digital Only Phone?

Last response: in Network Providers
November 18, 2004 12:46:57 AM

Thinking about replacing my 4400 with a picture phone. The choices today seem to
be either a 6100 or a 7000. Don't think the 8000 provides any major improvement
over the 7000, and in any case it isn't available just yet.

The 6100 is nice for it's analog support, but I've read a number of poor
reviews. The 7000 looks great, I'd like the color secondary screen and the
larger internal screen. What's not clear to me is Verizon's digital coverage.

I'm OK locally, but do occasionally travel. How's digital coverage in
non-Verizon areas? Any ideas on how pricing will be adjusted when the 8000s
arrive? Any word on a "7100" with analog support?

Comments appreciated.

More about : digital phone

Anonymous
November 18, 2004 12:46:58 AM

Go with the new Kyocera Kx2. You can read about it right here:
http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/koi-phone/

"Clark W. Griswold, Jr." <spamtrap100@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Thinking about replacing my 4400 with a picture phone. The choices today
> seem to
> be either a 6100 or a 7000. Don't think the 8000 provides any major
> improvement
> over the 7000, and in any case it isn't available just yet.
>
> The 6100 is nice for it's analog support, but I've read a number of poor
> reviews. The 7000 looks great, I'd like the color secondary screen and the
> larger internal screen. What's not clear to me is Verizon's digital
> coverage.
>
> I'm OK locally, but do occasionally travel. How's digital coverage in
> non-Verizon areas? Any ideas on how pricing will be adjusted when the
> 8000s
> arrive? Any word on a "7100" with analog support?
>
> Comments appreciated.
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 10:38:00 AM

"Julie Ruin" <julieruin@mixmail.com> wrote:

>Go with the new Kyocera Kx2. You can read about it right here:
>http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/koi-phone/

Thank you - it looks nice, but I'm going to stay with an LG phone for the time
being. I've had several different models now and like the menus and
construction.
November 24, 2004 7:10:43 PM

"David R. Goyer" <davgo@comcast.net> wrote:

>I have both the 6000 and 7000 and I love them both. My home area is
>Chicago however, I do travel on occasion and have never had a problem.

Thank you. I found a recent Verizon digital coverage map that includes partners
and it looks pretty good, so I will probably get the 7000.
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 7:13:35 AM

Julie Ruin wrote:
> Go with the new Kyocera Kx2. You can read about it right here:
> http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/koi-phone/

DO NOT GO WITH THE KX2! Either LG would be significanlty better than
this phone! In my opinion LG makes the best phones for Verizon right
now. And I own this KX2, have had it for a month, and everyday i find
a new reason to dislike it. I've owned an LG and a samsung all for
verizon before as well. Stick with your gut feeling and go LG.
January 27, 2005 11:49:21 AM

xtc1foru wrote:
> Julie Ruin wrote:
> > Go with the new Kyocera Kx2. You can read about it right here:
> > http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/koi-phone/
> >

> DO NOT GO WITH THE KX2! Either LG would be significanlty better than
> this phone! In my opinion LG makes the best phones for Verizon right
> now. And I own this KX2, have had it for a month, and everyday i
find
> a new reason to dislike it. I've owned an LG and a samsung all for
> verizon before as well. Stick with your gut feeling and go LG.

So why do you not like the KX2. How is the flip of it? Does the phone
feel flimsey (i.e. like the old motorola startek).

Thanks
Avi
!