Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Win7 Hates Farcry2?

Last response: in Video Games
August 23, 2011 4:55:53 AM

I upgraded to windows 7 from vista a while back and every is sweet..except when i run FC2 it take about 25minutes to load (when it doesnt want to freeze) and when in game it need to reload the map every 200m. Making the intro to singleplayer about an hour long.
-------
i7 920
6gb1800 corsair dominator
x2 WD 500gb Black caviar RAID0
GTX470
gigabyte ud5 x58 mobo
-------
I dont under stand i was getting about 60fps more when i played dx10 but since i installed 7 Its inpossible to play :( 

Any body else get/herd of this problem?

More about : win7 hates farcry2

August 23, 2011 7:52:54 AM

your running a raid 0 setup, thats probably half your issue, very very prone to errors, especially with hard drives that aren't designed to be run in raid. Also, upgrading vista - win7 i have never had any success with, always errors and issues/freezes, just do a clean install of win 7. that should fix all your issues. also, you should be running 64bit win7 to take advantage of your 6gb ram.
m
l
August 23, 2011 12:02:10 PM

iam2thecrowe said:
your running a raid 0 setup, thats probably half your issue, very very prone to errors, especially with hard drives that aren't designed to be run in raid. Also, upgrading vista - win7 i have never had any success with, always errors and issues/freezes, just do a clean install of win 7. that should fix all your issues. also, you should be running 64bit win7 to take advantage of your 6gb ram.

Cheers for the reply.
Ive had the raid0 setup with both my vista and 7, which both were\are 64bit and never had any corupt files, reinstalls, or disc fails. I also do a clean format of my OS every 8 - 10 months same probley every time. This is the only ever issue ive had with 7, never did it with vista. All other software, application and games are running smooth with lightning reading and writting speeds.
m
l

Best solution

August 23, 2011 1:23:56 PM

I'm able to run it smooth as butter, and mine is an i5, Win7 64-bit. It's definitely not a hardware issue, except maybe the RAID setup.

As crowe pointed out above, try a complete re-install of your Windows 7 and make sure it's 64-bit this time. That game isn't too demanding and shuld run maxed out on your system. If possible, try installing it on a normal HDD just so we get to know whether its the RAID setup causing the problem.
August 23, 2011 3:45:39 PM

I run Farcry 2 smooth as silk, on win7 64bit. The issue is, farcry 2 sucks; it just collects dust in my office.
m
l
August 23, 2011 4:08:22 PM

Your issue here could be with yor RAID0 set-up as iam2thecrowe had said.
Re-install Windows 7.
m
l
August 24, 2011 11:15:34 AM

I reinetalled FC2 on to my back up drive - just a regular WD HDD, so no reinstalling my windows (7 64bit) again. Seems to be running pretty good, will do more testing later.
Wierd though how is ran in the same RAID set up on vista 64 but as soon as i when to 7 64 it went all funny ahwell, all good now.
Cheers to namelessonez for the idea. :) 
m
l
August 24, 2011 11:18:42 AM

Best answer selected by deicidechaos.
m
l
August 24, 2011 11:59:33 AM

Glad to be of help! :)  Enjoy!
m
l
!