Phantasy Star Online Sequel is a... PC Exclusive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a tired smile

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
I'm really looking forward to this. I loved PSO back on the Dreamcast as well as PSO: Blue Burst. Sadly, I think that every game since Phantasy Star Universe has been pretty bad, so hopefully this is a return to form.

Stifle

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
One of my Favorite Dreamcast games comes to my favorite platform. Always loved the challenge of producing the most helpful pet for your class type over time by feeding it items.

alextheblue

Distinguished
I love my Dreamcast. One of my favorite consoles, way ahead of its day especially in terms of online gaming. PSO was a part of that, and I had PSO, v2, and then got Ep I and II on Xbox. The character customization was pretty advanced. PSO-World has a bit more info on PSO 2:
http://www.pso-world.com/news/02318-more-pso2-details-translated-sega-teaser-video
and a better quality video:
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psportal/pso2/
[citation][nom]stifle[/nom]One of my Favorite Dreamcast games comes to my favorite platform. Always loved the challenge of producing the most helpful pet for your class type over time by feeding it items.[/citation]
I'm not sure I'd consider Mags "pets" in the same sense as pets in most games. They are more like a part of you, giving you an extra ability and boosting your stats. They are cool though - I especially loved how they evolved into interesting looking machines. My favorite Mags were the ones that looked like Genesis units (I can't remember but I think they were model 1 units), Dreamcasts, and the one that looked like a hovering "spoiler" for your character. :p

Honestly the successor to Mags in PSU, Partner Machinery (or PMs for short) were better in some ways and worse in others. They provided a lot of great functions, including crafting while you're out fighting. Plus you could level them up into a humanoid and they would assist you in combat a bit - that part was a bit flawed as most of them weren't very smart. But it was a neat idea.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Of course that video doesn't do anything for those who can't read japanese except confirm that it is a true sequel called PSO 2, and that it is PC exclusive (near the end of the video). But the first link has some info on it.

foody

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
I dedicated at least 600 hours to PSO on Xbox Live. If PSO2 is anywhere near as good I might be kissing my social life goodbye again.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Do not doubt us Dreamcast loyalists. We are many, though most of us are silent about it and are surprised when we find others.

The die-hards of us still use them from time to time at least. Which is more than I can say about my Gamecube, which has been more or less collecting dust for years.

wmtyrance

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2008
I just took my Dreamcast out of its box and hooked it up to the tv. Looking over the games i have is making me smile. Those were good times gaming. The controler feels good to hold. I still say the xbox controler was a ripoff of this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.