Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

BF3-What rig are you going to play it on?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Battlefield
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 23, 2011 3:09:13 PM

Hey guys i thought it would be nice to see what kind of rigs people will have for the upcoming BF3,

I know the game hasnt come out yet but theres a rough idea out there on what we will need to run it.

Please only post in here if your going to play it and no trolling either hahaha

Ill go 1st:)  -

CPU- Intel Core i7 2600K LGA1155 @4.5ghz
CPU COOLER- CoolerMaster V8 Cooler
MOTHERBOARD- Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5B3
GPU- 2x GeForce GTX580 1536Mb DDR5 in SLI
RAM- 8Gb Dual DDR3 1600Mhz Gskill
PSU- Cosair HX 1000w
SSD- 60Gb OCZ Vertex II SSD
HDD- 2Tb WD Caviar Green
CASE- Antec 1200

Im planning on playing on 1920x1080 resolution- HD

I built this just for BF3 to run on High-Ultra

Thanks, Rob

More about : bf3 rig play

August 23, 2011 3:35:34 PM

:: yawn :: ANOTHER one of these threads?
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 3:41:33 PM

CPU I7 980X oced to 4.5ghz
CPU cooler Meghlahems with 4krpm fan
GPU GTX 580 SLI oced to 925mhz
6 gigs ram
PSU 1500 watt
250gig SSD intel 510 (gaming drive)
80gig SSD intel OS drive
2TB back up drive
HAF 932

Will be using G15 keyboard with razor mouse(cant remember model)
bought the Thrustmaster warth hog replica flight sticks for the jets lol.

gonna play it at 5760*1080. Hope i can get ultra high at that res.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 23, 2011 4:07:52 PM

Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93 GHz
Powercolor Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 128 Bit
Transcend 2X2 GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
CoolerMaster Extreme Power Plus 600W
Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA 3GB/s 7200RPM
iBall i6363

Maybe at medium... :) 
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 4:15:17 PM

Flint no one asked for you to come in here, go troll somewhere else! you wanker
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 4:16:29 PM

kashifme21 said:
CPU I7 980X oced to 4.5ghz
CPU cooler Meghlahems with 4krpm fan
GPU GTX 580 SLI oced to 925mhz
6 gigs ram
PSU 1500 watt
250gig SSD intel 510 (gaming drive)
80gig SSD intel OS drive
2TB back up drive
HAF 932

Will be using G15 keyboard with razor mouse(cant remember model)
bought the Thrustmaster warth hog replica flight sticks for the jets lol.

gonna play it at 5760*1080. Hope i can get ultra high at that res.



Dam thats a beast setup :D 
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 4:17:52 PM

Flint wasn't actually trolling, it's just that we've got so many threads relating to BF3. He's just getting annoyed.
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 4:20:48 PM

Gman450 said:
Flint wasn't actually trolling, it's just that we've got so many threads relating to BF3. He's just getting annoyed.

So it doesn't mean he has to come in here and be all negative, all he has to do is ignore them.
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 4:22:07 PM

True, but he just wants us to know about it.
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 4:27:09 PM

Gman450 said:
True, but he just wants us to know about it.

I guess i was expecting it though, there are plenty of these threads around, i just wanted to see what other people where going to play it on.
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 4:27:47 PM

rivo101 said:
Flint no one asked for you to come in here, go troll somewhere else! you wanker

this "wanker" is just tired of people listing their beast setups in BF3 threads to flex their epeen. What do you guys think of my setup?
CPU: Intel celeron@1.8ghz
CPU Cooler: None, i have the side of my case open with a box fan blowing on it.(I'll have my AC on so hopefully it will help with ambient temps)
GPU: Nvidia 5500FX
Ram: 512mb
(ok now im trolling a little bit but just cause you asked for it)
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 4:31:01 PM

@rivo
Since there are a lot of threads on BF3, you can check those previous threads by searching. :) 

@Flint
I'm pretty sure it can't play the game. And don't you mean 512MB and not 512 GB ?
But didn't you say that you had a GTX570, or am I mistaken ?
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 4:31:32 PM

Jesus, dont worry next time i wont make a BF3 thread ever again, Geez.
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 4:36:08 PM

I'm only tied of the threads where people ask "Can my rig handle BF3 help plz want to play it kthx"...

This one however I'm fine with and I'll gladly post my setup :

i5 2500k OC @ 4.2Ghz with Hyper 212+
4GB DDR3 1333mhz
2x 250GB HDD Raid 0
4870 512mb
OCZ ModXStream 500W
22" 1680x1050

Just upgraded the CPU, Motherboard, and Ram. Will likely upgrade the gpu within a year, but it's plenty still due to my lower resolution. Will be playing at high, probably not quite max, with ~4xAA
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 4:43:18 PM

This I'll post just for Gman
CPU: PhenomIIx4 925@3.3Ghz
RAM: 8G of 1333@1572
GPU: GTX570 Oc
PSU: CM Silent Pro 600w
My mobo is AM3+ waiting on bulldozer to upgrade my CPU
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 4:48:38 PM

That's a nice rig you've got there. :) 
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 4:56:28 PM

ty ty, wished my cpu was faster, but im at the point to where i dont choke my gpu down and all on stock voltages.
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 4:58:29 PM

So, you're just going to wait till bulldozer comes in and not upgrade the CPU till then, right ?
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 5:00:01 PM

yuppers. no reason to, I run everything just fine as is
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 5:27:07 PM

Siverstone TJ07,Rampage 3, 2 x Evga GTX480 FTW water cooled, i7 930 at 4.4 ghz,
6 gig Dominator GT, Enermax Revolutions 1250w, Crucial C300 SSD,
I am hoping to play on high settings on Dell U2711 2560 x 1440 but will soon find out. I preodered this months ago.
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 10:49:36 PM

rivo101 said:
Flint no one asked for you to come in here, go troll somewhere else! you wanker



Since no one asked, Flint will you , pleez pleez pleez troll on this thread!!!!!!!!!!!

To the OP, check my sig for spec's. Should be able to game at max on 1080p.
m
0
l
August 24, 2011 12:11:59 AM

Trialsking said:
Since no one asked, Flint will you , pleez pleez pleez troll on this thread!!!!!!!!!!!

To the OP, check my sig for spec's. Should be able to game at max on 1080p.

LOL, thanks! :: bows ::
m
0
l
August 24, 2011 12:22:46 PM

You have to be kidding me, max out your wallet to build a rig to play BF3 on ultra!!!!!

I think in the "Systems - Homebuild" section last week a bloke posted a thread titled "No more upgrades" or something of that nature, that should be stickied on the message boards so as to warn people of the problems with spending $2000+ on a machine just for the immediate short term gain.

I randomly build and sell so I don't per se have a rig, but if I play BF3 (I don't really like FPS so it is highly unlikely) then the build I am actually looking at keeping will be something of the;

i5 2500K
ASUS P8Z68 V Pro
8GB Ripjaws X 12800CL8D
GTX 560TI

If those specs can't play BF3 on high level of detail then it to me suggests that BF is really a load of crap with graphics to cover up for content.

And for the record, my current PC won't likely run it.

Core2 Duo E6400 *EDIT*
8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800
GA-EP45T-UD3RS
XFX 8800 GTX

But hey I can play Solitaire on full detail.
m
0
l
August 24, 2011 1:38:00 PM

8800gtx prbably will be able to play the game in 1080p at high settings ofcourse there will be no DX 11, but i do think it will be able to handle the game in dx 10 high not ultra.

8800gtx is still more powerful then many of the entry level GPUs out there and can put up a good fight against some midrange GPUs like 5770, 6770, GTX 460(768mb version).

I have an old one laying around, just didnt feel like parting with it lol. My brother and I call it Rocky lol, since its handled the test of time better then any before it.
m
0
l
August 24, 2011 1:45:31 PM

Yeah, it is why my current build handles F1 2010 on max settings in the 35-45FPS bracket, quite surprised. That said I need an upgrade.
m
0
l
August 24, 2011 1:49:07 PM

An 8800, is still a great card, and yes you're going to have to upgrade to a DX11 card though. :) 
m
0
l
August 24, 2011 2:05:57 PM

I will have a new rig by the coming month, likely a GTX 560 TI. Alternatively if the 8800 doesn't bottleneck my 2500K (CPU after upgrade) then I will try hold out for the Nvidia 22nm GPU's.
m
0
l
August 24, 2011 3:22:17 PM

i7-930 @3.3
16 g ripjaw ram
1x sapphire hd6950 2g
2x500 hdd raid 0
logitech g15 keyboard
logitech g35 headset
razor naga molten.
Im thinking I should be able to play on high (not max) just fine.
m
0
l
August 24, 2011 3:31:25 PM

@Sarinaide

Read one of tomshardwares CPU - GPU bottleneck comparisons. Even a I7 at 2.4ghz is pretty much GPU bound (GPU being tested was a GTX 480 which is quite powerful).

The I5 2500k has alot of potential even if you leave it stock. If you overclocked that beast to something like 4.5ghz, you will be GPU bound for a very long time to come (asuming you are atleast playing at 1920*1080 with decent AA), it would take maybe 580GTX in Sli to shift the bottle neck back to the CPU. By which time you would be thinking of going tripple screen for which even 3 GTX 580s would be GPU bound.

Check this article out, tomshardware has Xeon cpu running at 2.4ghz and oced to 4ghz. In games that stress the GPU like metro 2033 the game is pretty much GPU bound even though a GTX 480 was used:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/xeon-e5620-overcloc...

The CPU overclock makes virtually no difference.
m
0
l
August 24, 2011 11:40:20 PM

i5 2500k
8gb ram
r6970 lightning
asrock extreme4 p67
a mix of high and ultra i hope
m
0
l
August 25, 2011 12:47:35 AM

Personally,i like threads like this, it shows that people are passionate about pc gaming, which dev's
need to take notice of!
Here's mine:

Cpu - i5 2500k oc'd to 4'7
Mobo - Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Mem - 8 gig Corsair XMS3@1600mgz
Gpu - 2x Nvidia GTX470 sli
Gelid Icy Vision coolers for the Gpu's
Corsair H70 water cooling
3Tb of Samsung F serise Hdd
64 gb Kingston V100+ Ssd(can't remember its silk name)
750 Ocz Fatality Psu
m
0
l
August 25, 2011 2:13:20 AM

Gman450 said:
An 8800, is still a great card, and yes you're going to have to upgrade to a DX11 card though. :) 


BF3 will NOT require DX11. It simply won't support DX9.
m
0
l
August 25, 2011 2:45:40 AM

rivo101 said:
I guess i was expecting it though, there are plenty of these threads around, i just wanted to see what other people where going to play it on.

did you want to see what other people are playing it on or did you just want to show everyone how much money you spent on your rig? either way there are way too many bf3 threads so i am in agreement with flint.
m
0
l
August 25, 2011 3:12:35 AM

cbrunnem said:
did you want to see what other people are playing it on or did you just want to show everyone how much money you spent on your rig? either way there are way too many bf3 threads so i am in agreement with flint.

ya their are. just in the first two pages alone there is like ten or more posts.
m
0
l
August 25, 2011 6:12:41 AM

I can understand that developers will want to make things flawless, but to me games and mostly FPS games are losing content, continuity and playability by pure and simply ramping up system minimum specs to play the game. So it is in part Developers that force people to upgrade just to play a game.

The only games I have on pre-order are rather less than graphically stellar games, Mass Effect 3, Elder Scrolls v Skyrim, and F1 2011.
m
0
l
August 25, 2011 10:49:43 AM

intel i10 30000ghz
7680mb RAM
nvidia FTW 780
Asus P674343
2.789TB HDD
Antec 4ft case
2300W cooler
Apple DVD drive
m
0
l
August 25, 2011 10:52:09 AM

on ultra settings
m
0
l
August 25, 2011 11:27:51 AM

will be getting a second 5870 the week its released so i should be able to get close to maxing it out... i still think i will have isses with the dx11 side of the game as both cards are only 1gig.
m
0
l
August 25, 2011 1:31:36 PM

trogdor796 said:
BF3 will NOT require DX11. It simply won't support DX9.

When I meant that he had to upgrade, it means that he just had to upgrade it as an entire overall. Not just for BF3.
m
0
l
August 26, 2011 9:15:03 AM

rivo101 said:
Hey guys i thought it would be nice to see what kind of rigs people will have for the upcoming BF3,

I know the game hasnt come out yet but theres a rough idea out there on what we will need to run it.

Please only post in here if your going to play it and no trolling either hahaha

Ill go 1st:)  -

CPU- Intel Core i7 2600K LGA1155 @4.5ghz
CPU COOLER- CoolerMaster V8 Cooler
MOTHERBOARD- Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5B3
GPU- 2x GeForce GTX580 1536Mb DDR5 in SLI
RAM- 8Gb Dual DDR3 1600Mhz Gskill
PSU- Cosair HX 1000w
SSD- 60Gb OCZ Vertex II SSD
HDD- 2Tb WD Caviar Green
CASE- Antec 1200

Im planning on playing on 1920x1080 resolution- HD

I built this just for BF3 to run on High-Ultra

Thanks, Rob



i think i have the best rig here
m
0
l
!