bajanpaz

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Ok so i have an asus G51JX-X3 http://www.amazon.com/Republic-Gamers-G51JX-X3-15-6-Inch-Gaming/dp/B00361G0ZO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314125784&sr=8-1
I bought it to start playing MW2 with friends, it worked wonderfully ran at max settings with good fps, did the same for black ops and bad company 2. Now I try and run cod4 it has 20-30 fps no matter what settings i do and no matter what tweaks i put into console. I tried a few things in nvidia control panel but it gave me like 5 or 10 more fps.
Any help would be great

COD4 install has DX install features on the disc. If you didn't install them while installing the game..... look under the "extras" section of the disc. If it's there, install it. If not do a re-install of the game and INSTALL the DX features on the disc. Doesn't matter if you already have the "up to date" DX. Some games require as little as one part of a file to run or run right. When DX installs it'll only install what it needs. Newer DX installs don't carry over all the "old" stuff so to speak.

bajanpaz

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Was hopeful that I didnt have dx, but either i had it already or it just didnt help. Tried reinstalling anyway, to make sure but it didnt help. Hate going to an old game and getting worse fps on worse settings then alot newer games.

bajanpaz

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
I know that, what i meant is the dx you were talking about, but ive been playign call of duty since the first one so i know to always click yes when it asks to download directx.
Lets keep it on point please.