alc101ma

Distinguished
May 22, 2001
I have an Abit KA7 board and one of the ubiquitous Codegen case and power supplies. I am trying to insert all the little wires from the case into PN1 and PN2 of the board. On the mobo manual there is a group of 3 pins for "power LED" and a group of 2 pins for "power on." This seems pretty self explanatory. But, I don't have any wires from the case that are a perfect match. The closest I have is one labeled "power LED" that is 2 wires, and one labeled "s/b switch" that also has 2 wires. I guess for the "power LED" wires one is for +5 and one is for ground. As for the "s/b switch," I guess that has to go to the "power on" on the motherboard. Anyone with similar experience??? I don't wanna hook up something wrong and screw up a new motherboard!!!

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
You are correct. The 3 pin Power LED on PN2 just uses pins 1 and 3. AFA the Power switch, just make sure the plug you are thinking of using goes to the switch. Actually, the easiest way to make sure you've got the right connector is to follow where they go.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You cannot screw up your motherboard by hooking up the LED's wrong. The LED's do not pass current in one direction, and have high resistance/low draw in the other.

Video killed my Radio Card!